Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy Saving Sessions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how the Octopus ”Power Hour” energy saving sessions are actually calculated?

I’ve taken part in all of them, but the results just seem totally random.

I’ve had sessions where we’ve switched off as much as we can and gone out, only to be told that we didn’t manage to save anything.

Some sessions, we’ve made very small savings, Including one where virtually everything was switched off and the whole family was in another country.

One session I forgot it was happening despite signing up, only to be told I’d managed to save 93% of my normal usage and be credited with over £16 off!

I’ll continue to sign up for them and don’t really do it expecting to save much as we are already quite energy efficient. It all just seems so random.

If anyone wants to quickly get their Octopoint results I found this handy web app: https://savingsessions.streamlit.app

I've apparently made £23.90 so far in the 3 sessions.
1701790611202.png

naiisuuuu if that is true

Upvote 0
Anyone else had an issue with Octopus not recognising exported energy during those sessions? We've just had our points awarded for the Nov 29 session; about £2.86 in total, which reflects what we saved, not what we exported, which should've been around £19 worth.

Called Octopus, who claimed they're not seeing 30 minute export readings, despite us having been registered for their 15p/kWh SEG since the start. Having said that, the staff member didn't seem too clued up on the saving sessions, particularly with regard to exporting.

Upvote 0
Did you export more than usual during the 29th Nov event window though?
Yup. Powerwall export is set to Solar Only at all other times.

Can you see the half-hourlies in Energy Usage custom view?
Yup. Meter is working fine for imported energy. App doesn't show graphs for Outgoing Octopus 12M Fixed. They have our export MPAN, so I fail to see how they're not able to get the export readings.

Upvote 0
The points from the first session have been credited in the amount expected for me 😀👍

Yep me to...

Savings Session One (16/11/2023) ... got £10.30

Savings Session Two (29/11/2023) ... got £29.85

Savings Session Three (01/12/2023) ... waiting

Savings Session Short Notice (05/12/2023) ... waiting

Screenshot_20231206_204443_Octopus.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0