Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus smart meter installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an app for Octopus smart meters that show your consumption in real time? Eg an app version of the in-house display?
Your meter should come with an indoor smart display and Your Octopus a/c will generally show yesterday’s usage for every half hour (and beyond yesterday)
My smart display is showing real time. Happily, I’m running on powerwalls!
D8BCE0B3-8955-4C56-BADF-CA137614ADE0.jpeg

Getting installed as we speak, Wooohoo, (Well Elec is done, he is doing gas at the moment), going round the house turning everything on and off to see what difference it makes to the power.

Do I really need a Fridge Freezer? :D

Now to figure out how to change my plan over to Agile.

Yes, it took a few weeks for me and even longer to start getting your billing based on the data from the smart meters. Very impressed with the bills once you do start getting them. You get a 30 min interval breakdown of your consumption for each day in the month and a handy average p/kWh.

Same here. I requested a smart meter install in October 2019. I now have the meter but it was only smart for 2 days. So still waiting for Go tariff after 9 months. I thought waiting for the car would be the longest part of the whole experience!

That was ultimately why I left octopus - their fixed tariff is eyewatering and i was stuck on it for 6 months.. it just didn't make sense any more. Move to yorkshire and my monthly bill dropped 40% overnight.

I had 4 different engineers who couldn't get the meter working and the last one went on for about 10 minutes about octopus sending him on 'no hope' jobs and wasting his time.. their contractors don't think much of them..