Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Roy W. can't quite tell from this thread but @Mr Miserable seems to be suggesting that you're the guy to get a referral code from? If so, mind providing some advice first?

Firstly, attached is an image of my old Scottish Power smart meter, it says 'Secure' on the front, any idea if this is compatible with Octopus Go?

Secondly, I'm currently with Bulb, paying 14.15p per kWh with a 20.56p per day standing charge, this compares to 14.19p per KWh and 25.00p per day standing charge so aside from the 4.5p per day it's pretty comparable and I'd be happy to pay that not to submit meter readings again. We consumed around 4200 kWh of electricity a month before getting the car, suspect we'd only be putting 30-40 miles on it on average a day though.

Other than the additional £1.35 (daily charge) per month, hopefully negated by the cheaper electricity rate at night and the £50, does this move seem to make sense?

Attachments

• 2020-04-05 21.14.08.jpg
    2020-04-05 21.14.08.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Roy W.
@Roy W. can't quite tell from this thread but @Mr Miserable seems to be suggesting that you're the guy to get a referral code from? If so, mind providing some advice first?

Firstly, attached is an image of my old Scottish Power smart meter, it says 'Secure' on the front, any idea if this is compatible with Octopus Go?

Secondly, I'm currently with Bulb, paying 14.15p per kWh with a 20.56p per day standing charge, this compares to 14.19p per KWh and 25.00p per day standing charge so aside from the 4.5p per day it's pretty comparable and I'd be happy to pay that not to submit meter readings again. We consumed around 4200 kWh of electricity a month before getting the car, suspect we'd only be putting 30-40 miles on it on average a day though.

Other than the additional £1.35 (daily charge) per month, hopefully negated by the cheaper electricity rate at night and the £50, does this move seem to make sense?
No problem.

Adding 40 miles to the car will probably use around 15kWh, so a cost of 75p on GO as opposed to £2.12 with Bulb, so saving you ~£1.30 a day just in charging. You could also switch other use like washing etc to the off-peak period and save more.

Your meter, the Secure Liberty 100, is exactly the same as mine, so definitely compatible with GO.

I’ve sent you a DM with the referral code.

Any other questions, just ask.

Reactions: Medved_77

As others have just said, your smart meter is ok, same as mine.

Will make sense to switch, longer term you may even switch to agile from Go, electricity has been negative cost for a large part of today on agile!

Reactions: Medved_77
No problem.

Adding 40 miles to the car will probably use around 15kWh, so a cost of 75p on GO as opposed to £2.12 with Bulb, so saving you ~£1.30 a day just in charging. You could also switch other use like washing etc to the off-peak period and save more.

Your meter, the Secure Liberty 100, is exactly the same as mine, so definitely compatible with GO.

I’ve sent you a DM with the referral code.

Any other questions, just ask.
Thanks Roy, code received, will sign up tomorrow.

Reactions: Roy W.