Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing dumb about worrying Elon getting punched in the face hard by someone trained years to fight. If Elon was 20 something a punch isn't a big deal. He's over 50, you never know what a punch to the face at the right angle can do. Might cause a concussion or even a stroke.
I would not assume that they are throwing punches, as far as I can tell boxing wasn't a sport in ancient Rome.

As entertaining as it might be, I doubt they are doing down the road of the chariot, trident and the net.

When they wanted the fight scene to look like it was in ancient Rome, to me that and the fact that Elon is lifting weights implies some sort of "Greco Roman Wrestling" format with defined rules, and a high danger of straying closer to comedy than a dangerous fight.

I doubt that Zuck wants to hurt Elon, I don't doubt that both want to win.

Yes, it is a dumb idea and Elon might end up getting hurt,

The Italians will view this as a tourism promotion, they are unlikely to sign off on anything too dangerous...

I would not assume that they are throwing punches, as far as I can tell boxing wasn't a sport in ancient Rome.

As entertaining as it might be, I doubt they are doing down the road of the chariot, trident and the net.

When they wanted the fight scene to look like it was in ancient Rome, to me that and the fact that Elon is lifting weights implies some sort of "Greco Roman Wrestling" format with defined rules, and a high danger of straying closer to comedy than a dangerous fight.

I doubt that Zuck wants to hurt Elon, I don't doubt that both want to win.

Yes, it is a dumb idea and Elon might end up getting hurt,

The Italians will view this as a tourism promotion, they are unlikely to sign off on anything too dangerous...
The thing is with people who train a lot is that they punch harder than they think. That and being called chicken on social media by Elon certainly doesn't motivate Zuck to make this into some kind of a joke fight. Both man has pretty strong ego which means thing can definitely get heated.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
The thing is with people who train a lot is that they punch harder than they think. That and being called chicken on social media by Elon certainly doesn't motivate Zuck to make this into some kind of a joke fight. Both man has pretty strong ego which means thing can definitely get heated.

By the end of the 19th century, gouging with the nails, punching, and violently slamming the arms together around the opponent's stomach were forbidden.

Since then matches have been dramatically cut short, and today all movements that put the life or limb of the wrestler in jeopardy are forbidden

They need to agree on a format with defined rules where neither opponent has an unfair advantage,

IMO picking an Olympic Sport with defined rules, experienced coaches, and a lower chance of injury, is the smarter move. It is not necessarily the move they will make.

If Zuck does competitive martial arts, he should have good mental discipline and self-control.

Reactions: AZRI11
Zuck is 5'7 and a Lightweight while Elon is 6'2 and a Heavyweight per MMA standard. It will be fine.

I would be worried if I was Zuck, facing off against this Performance Cybertruck with towing pkg of a man.
1691991394342.png

Last edited:

They need to agree on a format with defined rules where neither opponent has an unfair advantage,

IMO picking an Olympic Sport with defined rules, experienced coaches, and a lower chance of injury, is the smarter move. It is not necessarily the move they will make.

If Zuck does competitive martial arts, he should have good mental discipline and self-control.
Haha, Musk said he is going to Zuck's house tomorrow, banging on his door to demand a fight in his backyard. Probably why Zuck is calling it off because Musk is all over the place with this.

Haha, Musk said he is going to Zuck's house tomorrow, banging on his door to demand a fight in his backyard. Probably why Zuck is calling it off because Musk is all over the place with this.

That is also a likely scenario, they can't agree on a format, venue and time.

The Italian culture minister, Gennaro Sangiuliano, said he was discussing holding the bout “in full respect of the sites” where it might be staged, but that it would not be held in Rome.

“I had a long and friendly phone conversation with Elon Musk,” he said. “We talked about the common passion for the history of ancient Rome. We are discussing how to organise a great charity and historical evocation event, in full respect of the sites. It will not be held in Rome.”

Hard to know how serious Elon is...

Zuck is 5'7 and a Lightweight while Elon is 6'2 and a Heavyweight per MMA standard. It will be fine.

I would be worried if I was Zuck, facing off against this Performance Cybertruck with towing pkg of a man.
View attachment 964738

Imagine you are a TSLA investor on this forum in 2013 and you get to time travel 10 years in the future to see what has happened… and instead you only get to see this post.

You guys realise that Gary has a X subscription @ $10 a pop to supplement his income and struggles to put together $10 million between his two ETFs. Hardly a sign of being a point man for Wall St. 😂

In any case, if Tesla was run in the way that Wall St wanted it to be run, it would have still remained a niche car maker forced to advertise itself on TV as an AI company ( or whatever is trendy) with a PR department(&budget) that’s bigger than its R&D department.
So in order for Musk to grow Tesla, he must fight Zuck? Is this the logic you are advocating?

I guess great artists needs to have a mental health issue and die of drug OD eventually is the argument here..though this is not the rule for everyone, and nothing wrong with shareholders hoping for Musk to be more low key.

Last edited:
The most valuable asset is Musk's brain. Institutional investors get nervous if Musk is in a batting cage without a helmet.

Given current information, the most likely outcome is a very short fight with Musk tapping out quickly in a chokehold. But maybe he'll get punched a few times in the face for the fun of it.

Tsla down almost $7 in pre-market and is down over 40% from ATH and the talk on the forum is about Musk fighting another CEO.

😞

At least the Technoking isn't fighting a 600 pound gorilla.

The stock often seems to be doing just that.

Either way, talking about these things under such conditions will serve only as a form of group therapy at best. 🥴

Reactions: Nocturnal
Hard to know how serious Elon is...
It is? Really!?

The man who said he’d sell flame throwers, made Tequila, a beer and a perfume, sold a whistle, a surf board, and short-shorts, started an EV, rocket, AI and hole drilling company, defied the SEC and local authorities with a middle finger, has wing walked, cut a demo song, and wrestled a champion Sumo wrestler in a castle -

Yeah, I can see how it would be confusing about whether he’s serious about a fight with Zuckerberg, a man who challenged him to said fight. 🙄🙄🙄

Well, the Musk fight is a bigger risk to the stock than the China price cuts. As ridiculous as the whole thing is, the fight is quite germane.
I think people doesn't understand how the market move up and down based negative or positive news.

The market moves based on trends..and trends is speculative. The market will price in further price cuts that doesn't exist due to the current trend of price cutting. This is why they asked if Tesla is done so they can price in trend reversal.

Same with the fight, if this fight happens then the trend is there could be more fights, so the market price in risk that doesn't exist but they think it does.

This is how you get over bearish and over bullish scenario because the truth is always somewhere in between and not the extremes based on speculative trends.

That is so dumb! He has been working out and lifting weights every day. (he claims) He is probably in better health now than he has been for a while. The spinal thing is not connected with this fitness, but was caused by what you could call getting into a stupid fight situation. BTW put me in the group that hopes he will never fight Zuck
This supposed "fight" is ridiculous. The real contest should be which one of these billionaires donates $5 billion or more to aid and rebuild Lahaina and Maui. I'd be far more impressed if one of these boys do something like that! People who had very little to begin with have now lost everything including relatives, pets, and friends.

Makes me wonder if the coming SpaceX capability to send messages to cellphones via satellite could have aided in this catastrophe and others to come, especially when existing cell towers lose power or are destroyed...

Last edited: