Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VinFast VFS dropped 50% today, wiping out >$100B USD in Market Capitalization. Full stop.
This is what happens when a corporation is 99% controlled by one person.

That's what happened after the CBOE opened Options trading on an equity with a tiny float. Have a look at the today's PUT volume and Open Interest for $VFS when its published tomorrow at 07:00 am ET.

sc.VFS.14-DayChart.2023-08-29.22-00.png

VinFast is ripe for a squeeze; there are no authorized shares available to backup those newly-poofed phantom shares (created by Options Market Makers when they sell a derivative).

I wonder if somebody will estimate the #shares controlled via Call contracts vs the Float, like we saw with the $GME apes back in Jan 2021. Spokesman/Leader could get slammed again by the SEC, but if a squeeze were to self-organize organically, it could be howdy-doody time.

Cheers to the FOREWARNED!

Last edited:
The response to Tesla removing the turn signal stalk reminds me of the reaction people had to Apple removing the floppy drive, then the CD drive, then the headphone jack. People adapt quickly.

Yeah I adapted into a Samsung with a headphone jack. But I guess Apple still come out ahead. Tesla will too even if some buy a different car. I have no problem with the stalk less cars though. And eventually FSD can auto signal for me.

Removing the physical side view mirrors isn't currently legal in the US. (In some states you as the owner can remove them, but other states require them.)

Not illegal in all markets though:

The response to Tesla removing the turn signal stalk reminds me of the reaction people had to Apple removing the floppy drive, then the CD drive, then the headphone jack. People adapt quickly.
Apple removed stuff people weren't using much and which still had alternative ways to use them.

It's not that Tesla made it different, it's that they made it inconsistent. In cars that don't have design that sucks, essential driving controls are consistent.

Sad news Mr. Margaritaville has died. What does this have to do with Tesla? Jimmy Buffet got inspiration for the song in Austin. Tesla's factory is in Austin. The end.......................................Now excuse as I go make myself a Margarita out of respect for Mr. Buffet.

Sad news Mr. Margaritaville has died. What does this have to do with Tesla? Jimmy Buffet got inspiration for the song in Austin. Tesla's factory is in Austin. The end.......................................Now excuse as I go make myself a Margarita out of respect for Mr. Buffet.

Jimmy's songs have been a calming influence for me over many decades, and especially during the tumultuous TSLA ride.

For dinner I went out for shrimp and a Margarita to see him off to that one particular harbor.

some of us have over 64 years of muscle memory about stalks on the steering column and where the turn signal indicators are

It's bad enough that folk's rarely use turn signals, now they have an excuse not to.

I can understand your point, and it made me chuckle.

Working with zero experience using stalk-less or yoke steering, and having a lifetime of experience with stalks and round steering wheels, I can relate.

As a driver, I've made it a practice to always signal prior to moving the wheel. Prior to braking as well when slowing for a turn. Folks who brake before signaling the turn really don't grok the purpose of these communication tools. Signaling first is partly done simply because once you start turning the wheel your hand isn't near the stalk any more and muscle memory is more vague. So, if I can move the stalk before turning, I can move the button before turning too.

The example of a Roundabout being challenging for using a button on a steering wheel at a glance seems legit. Because you may signal one way to enter and another way to exit. But how far will the wheel be turned to follow the course of traffic, a quarter-turn at most? I want to think I could still reach the button and with practice become quite adept at signaling in such a situation.

Over the years I've had to adapt to much more random button placement by manufacturers for cruise control. This is something I use any time I'm on the highway. I prefer to press the "cancel" button rather than tap the brakes to disengage to avoid sending a false braking communication to following traffic. So, the ergonomics designed into the system is nice when it is there. Every model of car seems to put the various cruise buttons in different places, but, I always manage to learn them in each car I've owned.

I don't think having the turn signals on a button would be much different for me to adapt to. Though, I haven't had the opportunity to face that challenge and therefore do not have any hard opinion on it one way or another. Still, I remain hopeful and optimistic about their use being something I could adapt to and enjoy, what with me being a big fan of "the best part is no part" and all that.

Reactions: ggr
Stacked using chop sticks - now complete. This was the money shot showing hot staging ring plus raptors:
1693939462625.png

Don't know for certain whether or not this is Bullish, but the missus texted me from Discount Tire to let me know that Nicolas Tesla had just been paged to pick up his car. ;)

I'm presuming someone with the name Nicolas was getting tires for their Tesla and DT paged using owner name and vehicle model, still, it is kinda kewl.
My best friend growing up was actually named Nikola Tesla. I just called him Nik.

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms and H Mak