Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If he'd "fallen for it' he'd have written them a check.

It appears he did the opposite of that- NOT believing the headline, and asked to see the receipts before getting out the checkbook. Which of course could not be provided.

lol no, he fell for a tweet from Eli David who used the misleading headline from CNN which said "$6.6bn could solve world hunger."

The head of the WFP followed up and said it was misleading, but laid out how the $6.6bn would avert famine in 2022. The offer never was "2% of Elon's wealth would solve world hunger" but rather, that amount of money would help 42m people avoid starvation next year, a number atypically high due to a number of circumstances I already outlined.

Of course, it doesn't seem like - based on follow-up tweets - that Elon really cares about that. This whole stupid thing started because CNN ran a misleading headline and some idiot ran with it like it was a fact while @'ing Elon. This is our society in 2021....a "media" company runs a misleading headline, someone takes it as fact instead of taking the 15 or so seconds to actually read the quote, @'s a celebrity billionaire on twitter and now we're two weeks into a "SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS" feud. Meanwhile, those 42m people are still hungry and are apparently going to go hungry without some $6bn in donations.

lol jesus christ

no one ever said "$6bn would solve world hunger forever."

"show me how the accounting would work to solve this problem, despite you guys never claiming it would." Uh, yeah, of course not.

It's too bad Elon doesn't want to save 42 million people from starving next year.
and another one goes to the ignore list...

Whoever titled the article to which he responded did. Elon didn't make that up. I'll also point out that world hunger is not a monetary problem for Elon or any other individual to solve.

Yes, like I said. CNN read a misleading headline about what the head of the WFP said. No argument from me there.

Eli David then clipped that headline and @'d Elon instead of taking 15 seconds to realize CNN ran a misleading headline.

Elon then responded to that and said he'd donate the money if the WFP could show how it would solve world hunger...a claim the WFP never made.

So who's supposed to look good here? Elon for dunking on the WFP over a claim they never made? Is preventing starvation for "only" a year a bad thing for 42m people?

CNN - dumb for running a bad headline
Eli David - dumb for quoting the headline without reading the quote and then @'ing Elon
Elon - dumb for thinking the headline was a real quote...unless this is some 5D chess move to get people to donate $6bn+ next year needed to avoid starvation

The whole thing is dumb, imo. Not sure why people are so worked up thinking Elon found the U.N. in a "gotcha" moment over a claim that was never made.

Reactions: OrthoSurg
Might be worth a look at Currently:

Looks like the mods picked a bad week to give up numerology...
12 mod 9 = 3

Also GM is the EV: leader -> lead is element 82 on the periodic table. It's a heavy, dense meterial good for weighing things down... Also soft and maleable, not good for building. Previouisly used to reduce knock in ICE engines, it causes developmental issues in the brain.

E3386AC5-30DE-4D06-8C4B-7B3B94ED4127.png

Reactions: EVMeister
So I went to a party tonight, a pretty interesting group of folks. I would say half hard core conservative Republican, and half hard core liberal Democrats. When I walked in, the conversation turned to Elon Musk. Honest to goodness it wasn’t me who brought the subject up. One fellow mentions that Elon should be elected President. Almost everyone chimed in to agree.

I think Elon is winning over the public.