Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as I saw the pics of the Celestiq, all I could think of was that it looks like the 6000 SUX car from Robocop....
View attachment 865851
View attachment 865852

Hostage taker : "And I want a new car! And I want the city to pay for it all!"

Cop: "What kind of car Miller?"

Hostage taker: "Something with reclining leather seats, that goes really fast and gets really shitty gas mileage!"

Cop: How about the 6000 SUX?

"It's back. BIG is back. Because Bigger is better. 6000 SUX, an American tradition..."

:D

1666296607798-png.865852

I kind of like the look but not so much the specs and price. But then I am from a GM/Opel family...

Reactions: MitchMitch
Daily reminder that SpaceX and Tesla are two giant white pills in a modern sea of black pills.

A bunch of miserable blackpillers (like Rob Reich types) are nothing more than human versions of crabs in a bucket, and profit off the misery they spread.
The size of the platform looks like an oil rigger. Just Huge! Very tempting to visit soon. I'd love to see this launch in person (or from inside).

Alibaba is now worth less than it’s 2014 IPO price… 😳
Again get rich, get cocky, make mistake ..... by Jack Ma ... ;) (that too in China :) )

BABA is the only IPO I bought and experienced in life. Folks paid like $99-$100+ to get the shares, I think I got em around $94 for ~ $92 IPO ;) sold way back, and happy :)
+ buying on day of IPO when stock is super hyped ain't worth it ... just like reading reviews of new movie about to be release to theatres

Last edited:
The size of the platform looks like an oil rigger. Just Huge! Very tempting to visit soon. I'd love to see this launch in person (or from inside).
Yes, it appears that Starship will be repurposing many of the tools and infrastructure of the oil industry. The gentrification of Mordor continues apace...

It’s kinda amazing how the Japanese yen is in complete collapse and no one is talking about it….
Not a lot going right over there and at least one looming issue.

I wanna share one ironic aspect of JDM land though, they built a crapton of EV chargers yet have companies in denial of EV's. How ironic?

I wanna share one ironic aspect of JDM land though, they built a crapton of EV chargers yet have companies in denial of EV's. How ironic?

The demographics of Japan, China, Taiwan, and South Korea are horrific….

Reactions: Rarity

Instead of spending money on a military industrial complex, Japan spends money on construction (especially landslide prevention, roads, and bridges). Charging infrastructure is just another part of this.

The demand-pumping usefulness of any special item, like a fine color (I agree that the new red is magnificent), or a limited-time LR or free SpC or Mr Musk's signature or so forth, is a function solely of its surprise appearance. Were a unique color to be expected as a seasonal special, then orders soon would diminish in anticipation of the Next New Thing, and even worse, be susceptible to being received as a damp squib. "My favorite color: putty" <===and 42 TeslaPoints to the first who correctly provides the where, when and by whom.

Doris, 1995 , Get Shorty?

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Bidirectional Charger by Lucid.

"The Lucid Connected Home Charging Station costs $1,600 in Canada or $1,200 in the US. For that price Lucid Air owners will be able to charge their vehicles at home at up to 19.2kW. Lucid says this will give owners up to 80 miles (129km) of charge per hour through a 24ft charging cable.

For comparison, Tesla’s Wall Connector can charge at up to 11.2kW, providing 44 miles of driving range per hour."

We've only used stock Tesla chargers at home, both our vehicles, single 220V outlet. There's still no line at our pump so not sure the problem they've solved on that comparison. The bidirectional charging is a nice offering. Ford thinks so too, which is a bit of a savings grace strategy wise.

Bidirectional Charger by Lucid.

"The Lucid Connected Home Charging Station costs $1,600 in Canada or $1,200 in the US. For that price Lucid Air owners will be able to charge their vehicles at home at up to 19.2kW. Lucid says this will give owners up to 80 miles (129km) of charge per hour through a 24ft charging cable.

For comparison, Tesla’s Wall Connector can charge at up to 11.2kW, providing 44 miles of driving range per hour."

We've only used stock Tesla chargers at home, both our vehicles, single 220V outlet. There's still no line at our pump so not sure the problem they've solved on that comparison. The bidirectional charging is a nice offering. Ford thinks so too, which is a bit of a savings grace strategy wise.

That would imply a 220V 110A circuit 😳.

That would imply a 220V 100A circuit 😳.
Ya, that's exactly half my entire home panel for some perspective.
And my charging is only 50A rated which required commercial "looking" conduit runs in the garage. (Edit: Yes I know it can be hidden $$$$$.)
$1,600 is their starting cost IMO. An electrician, for example, would say I need the larger panel and higher monthly utility bill that goes with it.