Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are misunderstanding it. It is essentially a balance sheet exercise. What was there in inventory at midnight on 31/12/2022. It is not the average for the year. The only averaging going on is to use the annual production (/300) rather than the quarterly production (/75) and I think you are being confused by the way they are describing that in the small print.
Tesla's days of supply number for 2022 is 16. It's the end of year inventory divided by the average daily sales rate for 2022 (based on 300 days). An average of quarterly days of supply, it definitely is not.

Whether the number is useful/ meaningful is debatable, as is the type of average it is. It may not really mean much until the 2030s if/ when Tesla stops growing significantly.
I did not mean to create such a dialog over the figure. I thought it interesting that it lines up with the current days of supply (based, of course, on quarterly sales values). But then, I'm easily amused, (plus it confused me when the page flipped from quarter to year and was saying 16 instead of 13).

As point of reference, at 16 days of supply, Tesla matches their full year 2022 average.[number/ tally/ figure of merit/ consolidated value?]

View attachment 924576

Reactions: UltradoomY
Huh. Maybe I should take back what I had been saying about Rivians aborted price hike last year. I thought they had more than enough backlog to stick to their 18% price hike and weather the storm but maybe they didn’t.

For a while now Rivian has had a way for people to get an R1T truck within days from a list of manufactured trucks that presumably had been made for test drives and cancelled orders. No SUVs were on that list. So yes, maybe they are having trouble moving the trucks. Having a broken tonneau cover probably doesn’t help.
Couldn't stand the heat so they took out the kitchen?
Rivian deletes Camp Kitchen and Tunnel Shuttle from Gear Shop

Don't be, it's horrendous during rush hour being packed in like a sardines with people coughing all over you. I'm glad I don't live there and travel in the comfort of my own Tesla. 😝

Now the market is closed, I ask to those who disagree with this post... Have you actually been on the London Underground during rush hour? Would you enjoy doing that every day? Perhaps you didn't like my tongue in cheek tone of the post, or perhaps you just gave a knee-jerk disagree due to lack of knowledge or experience of London's public transport system. The buses are fine, nothing against them - but the Underground is just not a pleasant way to commute.

Now the market is closed, I ask to those who disagree with this post... Have you actually been on the London Underground during rush hour? Would you enjoy doing that every day? Perhaps you didn't like my tongue in cheek tone of the post, or perhaps you just gave a knee-jerk disagree due to lack of knowledge or experience of London's public transport system. The buses are fine, nothing against them - but the Underground is just not a pleasant way to commute.

The London underground is brilliant - If you use it for social reasons- evenings out- daytime sight seeing, weekend shenanigans etc.. I love it and have grown up with it- however as Mr Meister says, between 7am and 10 am or 3pm to 7pm it is very often hell, especially in warm weather (anything over 16 degrees :D )

France had riots because the government raised the retirement age to 64. Still one of the lowest in the world.
No. France had riots because the French government prevented the parliament from voting the pension law even though it is opposed by more than 95% of working-age people. The prime minister admitted they couldn't get l'Assemblée Nationale to approve the text. The government forced both chambers to accept the text as is (49.3) or to make the government resign (which they didn't, as it would give Macron a good chance to dissolve the parliament).

Before 49.3, people were just going on strike and peacefully demonstrating. The government force it through, and that's when people got pissed. Police got extremely repressive and the ministry of Interior lies shamelessly about the violence. 53% say they won't consider joining the demonstration because of police violence (source).

The crisis isn't about the social conflict, but how authoritarian the regime has become.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and madodel
In the particular situation in France we should note that Macron was re-elected to his second term on a manifesto that specifically committed him to the changes in the pension system that he is seeking to carry out.
That's total BS.

Macron was elected only because people on the left chose to vote for him **not to let Marine Lepen (far-right) win**. That's called the Front Républicain, when people vote for any candidate against a far-right politician. But people will certainly not fall for the trap next time (I won't) and that's extremely concerning…

More importantly, Macron himself acknowledged this situation, explicitly stating on the day of the election that the vote cast by people opposed to him will oblige him during his whole mandate. He know 100% that the vast majority of people don't support his pension law. I believe more than 70% and more than 95% of working-age people are still opposed.

You cannot not know that, if you follow French politics (even from Mars).

That's total BS.

Macron was elected only because people on the left chose to vote for him **not to let Marine Lepen (far-right) win**. That's called the Front Républicain, when people vote for any candidate against a far-right politician. But people will certainly not fall for the trap next time (I won't) and that's extremely concerning…

More importantly, Macron himself acknowledged this situation, explicitly stating on the day of the election that the vote cast by people opposed to him will oblige him during his whole mandate. He know 100% that the vast majority of people don't support his pension law. I believe more than 70% and more than 95% of working-age people are still opposed.

You cannot not know that, if you follow French politics (even from Mars).
I understand your point. Nevertheless it was a key part of his manifesto. I seem to remember it also being in his first term one as well.