Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Matias
Or they
I guess this thread will crash in 2.5 hours.

Just in case, I'm only having one Friday beer. Might need to go around driving in empty roads like my grandma driving to Sunday church.
As long as your grandma doesn't drive like my grandma did. I don't think she would qualify for beta, but she would be using launch mode at ever stop light :) Her last car had a turbo and she made sure it got used.

People are looking for The Button. If you believe that @verygreen has good ability to find the "hidden" button feature (to allow them to turn it on without a software update), then it is not actually "there" yet for many users. So, maybe a software update is still needed to allow them to turn on the button, for some people. Hard to say. I'm screwed; I'm on 2021.24.11. Way behind. Unless there is a way to hide features from @verygreen.

The Button Watch continues.
If you're "way behind" on 2021.24.11, what does that make me?? 2020.48.37.6! MCU1/HW3 w/"FSD" 😅

I’m not really sure what to make of this since he is allegedly a Tesla AP SW engineer. Maybe a recent hire?

These tweets are odd from an employee. Also thought it was kind of not allowed.

Or he used to be? Might make more sense I guess.
I was just joking since someone sarcastically compared him to Jesus -- but the first hit when googling the name is about "Idi Amin," the evil, murderous dictator.

But reading through his tweets, they're impressive at first -- but odd, like you say, after looking through a bunch of them. Seems like a real SW team member giving these details would get them in trouble with the company if it was genuine. A smart, informed Tesla nerd could cook up the things he's saying. He might be legit, but who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias
People are looking for The Button. If you believe that @verygreen has good ability to find the "hidden" button feature (to allow them to turn it on without a software update), then it is not actually "there" yet for many users. So, maybe a software update is still needed to allow them to turn on the button, for some people. Hard to say. I'm screwed; I'm on 2021.24.11. Way behind. Unless there is a way to hide features from @verygreen.

The Button Watch continues.
I'm on the same version, but thought that might be a good indication, since 2021.24.11 and 2021.24.12 are the last versions that only went to U.S. owners (from what I gather from TeslaFi) -- and the button is only being made available in the U.S. at the moment. All the more recent updates went to various other countries as well.