Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that mean we can sleep tonight and move the sleepless night to Saturday night/Sunday morning?
Yes.

The button rolls out this weekend. We all select “yes, please”. Then for 7 days we are monitored by the Tesla Insurance algorithm.

We likely will all be graded on a curve (normal curve for the nerdy). Then, Tesla selects the top 10%? Those people get the FSD Beta. There is probably a number maximum. Presumably there are 2,000 beta testers now, and maybe 10,000 in 8 or 9 days? And large number of us will have to wait For further expansion.

For myself, since I’m not going to Chill mode, I hope for late November…

Here we go
Picture2.jpg

Yes.

The button rolls out this weekend. We all select “yes, please”. Then for 7 days we are monitored by the Tesla Insurance algorithm.

We likely will all be graded on a curve (normal curve for the nerdy). Then, Tesla selects the top 10%? Those people get the FSD Beta. There is probably a number maximum. Presumably there are 2,000 beta testers now, and maybe 10,000 in 8 or 9 days? And large number of us will have to wait For further expansion.

For myself, since I’m not going to Chill mode, I hope for late November…

FWIW- of those 2000 beta testers something like 90-95% of them are Tesla employees, not the general public. The # of general public testers right now is super small.

Also, if I'm doing the selection, I have a safety score the testing spits out, and I have X number of slots available.

The highest scores of everyone tested, that are above whatever my minimum is, get those slots in order of score.

Possibly your score (again as long as it's above the min) might get a small bonus based on location too.

(
I still don't understand how you being a good/bad driver is a variable. Isn't the whole point of FSD so you, don't drive the car, therefore car being the BETTER driver? :D

That's the point of finished FSD.

This isn't that.

It's being beta tested, therefore you are to SUPERVISE it to make sure it's doing the right thing while you're testing it. How do your driving habits reflect your supervision skills?

Aside from that, interesting fact that he mentions that anyone who is not super careful will get booted, therefore they'll continue to monitor your driving data after the 7 day "tree outs" period.

But you being a bad driver doesn't affect FSD, if it's engaged, you're not driving - FSD is. It's not like you're speeding and swerving around on FSD crashing into stuff.
It does seem like the skillset to be a good driver isn't the same as the skillset needed to be a safe user of FSD Beta. It does seem like reaction time, car control, and attentiveness are the most important skills. Someone who has those skills but treats public roads like a race track might be the safest FSD Beta user (possibly because they'd be so annoyed by it that they wouldn't use it. haha).