Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been looking in the wrong place

Attachments

• the_button.jpg
    the_button.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 73
People are looking for The Button. If you believe that @verygreen has good ability to find the "hidden" button feature (to allow them to turn it on without a software update), then it is not actually "there" yet for many users. So, maybe a software update is still needed to allow them to turn on the button, for some people. Hard to say. I'm screwed; I'm on 2021.24.11. Way behind. Unless there is a way to hide features from @verygreen.

The Button Watch continues.

Reactions: Matsayz
People are looking for The Button. If you believe that @verygreen has good ability to find the "hidden" button feature (to allow them to turn it on without a software update), then it is not actually "there" yet for many users. So, maybe a software update is still needed to allow them to turn on the button, for some people. Hard to say. I'm screwed; I'm on 2021.24.11. Way behind. Unless there is a way to hide features from @verygreen.

The Button Watch continues.
I wonder if it's going to be pushed out through the mobile app. The new version is using Microsoft's CodePush, in theory they could release some kind of update to the app that way.

I wonder if it's going to be pushed out through the mobile app. The new version is using Microsoft's CodePush, in theory they could release some kind of update to the app that way.

Good point... the data it's gonna collect is already available to the car it doesn't need a SW update to know how you press the accelerator or what distance you follow at.. Folks saw insurance code many months ago in the app.

And the phone app is supposedly where it'd show you your score too, and could easily feed back to tesla that way.

Good point... the data it's gonna collect is already available to the car it doesn't need a SW update to know how you press the accelerator or what distance you follow at.. Folks saw insurance code many months ago in the app.

And the phone app is supposedly where it'd show you your score too, and could easily feed back to tesla that way.
I’d think you would need a SW update or a new UI to show you your driving behavior and recommendations. So you’re thinking an app update instead? Something would need an update. But it could all be done in the app true

I’d think you would need a SW update or a new UI to show you your driving behavior and recommendations. So you’re thinking an app update instead? Something would need an update. But it could all be done in the app true

Well, we know the actual city streets code is already there, can be turned on/off without a SW update only needs a flag flipped (just like something like accel boost can).

So they could do it all in the app plus the flag push to the car to turn that part of the code on.

Reporting the results could be done either place- if the app compiles it it can show you on the phone, or it could send the same data to display in the car I suppose

I'm assuming "UI to show you your driving behavior and recommendations" is already available because of CA insurance ? If not, yes, car firmware update would be needed.