Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had 2 forward collision warnings on this drive, both within 5 seconds of each other and both on autopilot. This was a known area for me to have false warnings. Score didn’t reflect them thankfully

Attachments

• 3E467CC1-6BD6-484A-888E-4ECAA09D6125.png
    3E467CC1-6BD6-484A-888E-4ECAA09D6125.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 70
I’m starting to get worried that what we have just enabled is the Safety profile test, to only get us into ANOTHER queue to wait to have the full FSD enabled. So, to be clear I think we’ll do this for a week, probably get some sort of “you passed” notification about Safety Profile progress and then get another notification that says “you passed the Safety profile test, NOW you’re in the queue for FSD, we’ll be adding many additional users weekly!”

We’ll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer and Ramphex
Don't be like me everybody. After pushing the button to enter my 7 days of driver safety monitoring, I went out on errands and while daydreaming on the interstate got the dreaded "Autosteer is disabled for the rest of this trip" flash warning. Ooops. I'm probably blackballed for FSD beta trial now. One more spot open for one of you!
Here is my answer… I’m still in the running. My “forced autopilot disengagement” cost me some points but doesn’t appear fatal:

1632593863732.png

I’m starting to get worried that what we have just enabled is the Safety profile test, to only get us into ANOTHER queue to wait to have the full FSD enabled. We’ll see.
My expectation is that the speed of rollout of FSD Beta (not "full FSD") depends on how well the rollout goes. If there are a lot of issues or some accidents, the rollout goes slowly. Otherwise it goes fast.

Irrespective of what we think here - I don't think that many people have bought FSD and follow this closely and would want to test FSD Beta. So, may be there aren't that many people in the queue anyway.

*weeps into $2000 z fold 2* lol

Hopefully soon, we too, can track our score 😂
Going to be tough in Texas... No one goes even remotely close to the speed limit 🙄
Fold 3 here, my fold 2 is sitting in a drawer now, lol. Notice how finally the app is actually capable of resizing? I wouldn't even get the pop up to restart the app, it just would pick a size and stay that way until the next reboot.

My expectation is that the speed of rollout of FSD Beta (not "full FSD") depends on how well the rollout goes. If there are a lot of issues or some accidents, the rollout goes slowly. Otherwise it goes fast.

Irrespective of what we think here - I don't think that many people have bought FSD and follow this closely and would want to test FSD Beta. So, may be there aren't that many people in the queue anyway.
Accidents will be more common after people become complacent. I expect a smooth rollout, but issues and accidents after complacency sets in. 6+ months for fender benders, which we may or may not hear about and 18+ months for major injury accidents. Perhaps the first major accident will happen in a different country.

Here is my answer… I’m still in the running. My “forced autopilot disengagement” cost me some points but doesn’t appear fatal:

View attachment 714225
Thanks. Using the formula from the support page, I seem to calculate a score closer to 95, so something is off. In fact, I seem to calculate using 100% hard braking, 100% aggressive turning, 100% unsafe following and 1 autopilot disengagement, but 0 forward collision warning, the score is still over 90.

Maybe the key factor is indeed the first item of forward collision warnings per 1000 miles. E.g., if one is triggered in a 10 mile trip, that extrapolates to 100 warnings per 1000 miles resulting in a Predicted Collision Frequency of 2.88 and Safety Score of 50.

Basically, the other terms magnify the effect of the forward collision rate, and if one can keep that at 0, the score should stay above 90.