Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how many Foundation series Tesla has sold? Have they not reached 1,000 yet?
As said, they are producing about 1,000 per week.
Mine has arrived in Jacksonville, three hours north. Originally scheduled to arrive May 27, but I understand the truck driver had to visit two girlfriends in Louisiana. Jacksonville is a Regional Center and they have to unload it and then reload it on another truck to ship it south to Merrit Island.
(Weird) Load/Reload

With a couple of days for prep it should be available next week. I was at the dealer, today and so far they have delivered about 30, but now at a faster clip they are delivering about five a week here on the Space Coast.

Look at the line of them waiting for prep. It might take them weeks for them to get to mine.

BTW, Service recommends using alcohol-based Windex to remove fingerprints. Other items, to include stainless steel polish, and the Grandpa Moses special leave residue, and then the panels look different.

Mine will be wrapped in Black-Cherry from Jun 16-19.

Also, the VIN numbers on these on the lot, are all over the place.

Cybertrucks in Formation on the Space Coast.jpg

Attachments

• CYBERTRUCK ready to go.jpg
    CYBERTRUCK ready to go.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 13
  • CYBERTRUCKS in a row.jpg
    CYBERTRUCKS in a row.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 8
After a four-and-a-half-year wait, pick up of the Cybertruck actually, was somewhat anti-climactic and uneventful. The way Tesla sets it up, you really don't even have to have human contact. You do all the paperwork and pay ahead-of-time online in the app, and when you come up to the vehicle, you log into your phone, and open the door and your key is there. My wife had fun with it, however, after I let her out of the Cyberfrunk!

I'm not one to do a YouTube video with click-bait line, like, "Five things I Hate About My Cybertruck", or "Look at Me, Here's my Cybertruck", but I will include just a couple photos of the fun. One guy online, actually complained that the red light blind spot warning light was in the speaker and not in the mirror. Give me a break. Dial 1 800-WaWaWah. At least we finally have a blindspot warning light!! Thanks, Elon, after all of our bitching. It sure is handy, screw this watch the screen to see who is next to you!

I did get the representative out of her post to take a couple pictures of some scratches and spots on the hood, but I'm not that concerned, because I'm going to wrap it in Black Cherry metallic fade next week anyway. Love the Phoenix Red wrap, but the price has just quadrupled. Pics to follow.

The vehicle far exceeds my expectations, and the steering is unexplainable, except by the word AWESOME! It can turn around in about a 15 ft circle and could probably outdo a Prius in that regard. It has a soft, very comfortable ride, better than the X and Y IMHO and handles better than a Model S. The ride is also adjustable.

I have already been to Lowe's and loaded up with some bags of mulch, so I'm using my cyber truck as a real truck. Of course, while my wife shopped for flowers, I drew the usual crowds. Most were very kind and inquisitive, and they even asked permission to take pictures. One happened to be a neighbor, who said she saw that spaceship in our driveway and wondered if the invasion has already begun. One dear older couple was so sweet. They were tickled by a full tour. As they walked away, I could here her say to her husband, "No, honey, You're not getting one of those, but maybe I will." Too cute.

One guy walked by and pointed to what looked like an old VW van. He said that he has had his van for 50 years and, he sarcastically said he wondered where the Cybertruck would be in 50 years? I had read the article about the Model S with over 375,000 miles and shared the info. He was persistent, so I told him it would probably be on Mars, and quite frankly, I wondered where he might be in 50 years. That got him to walk away. The little lady said, "I wonder what he had for breakfast."

Here's a funny to remember. My friends and I drove it around a bit near the Tesla dealership and hit it hard and felt like it was reasonable acceleration for a near 7,000 lb vehicle. It obviously wasn't a Model X Raven or a Model S Plaid, but It seemed to have reasonable acceleration for the size of the vehicle.

That night when I got home, a friend wanted a ride, so we headed up the road toward the highway, and as I looked down at the miles per hour indicator, I noticed underneath it it said in capital letters CHILL. Sure enough, the default setting was the CHILL mode.

Well, I pulled over and flipped it into standard/sport mode, and then it took off like a wild-assed ape, with neck-snapping ability, from amost any speed. Pure Tesla, born and bred. The nose lifted, and the ass end went down, and it dug in for a 0 to 60 of 3.8, almost as fast as my Model Y Performance (3.5). Just be aware of the factory setting when you get yours. To feel that 21/2 ton refrigerator accelerate to that speed in such a short time is pretty exhilarating, actually. More so, than any of my other Tesla vehicles.

Worth the wait. Definitely, worth the wait.
My summary. Pretty BAD ASS!

Attachments

• 1717890672007.jpg
    1717890672007.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240608_153827.jpg
    20240608_153827.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 1717884757247.jpg
    1717884757247.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 1717884742736.jpg
    1717884742736.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
After a four-and-a-half-year wait, pick up of the Cybertruck actually, was somewhat anti-climactic and uneventful. The way Tesla sets it up, you really don't even have to have human contact. You do all the paperwork and pay ahead-of-time online in the app, and when you come up to the car you log into your phone and open the door and your key is there. My wife had fun with it, however after I let her out of the Cyberfrunk!

I'm not one to do a YouTube video for youtube with a click-bait line, like, "Five things I hate about my Cybertruck", or "Look at Me, Here's my Cybertruck, but I will include just a couple photos of the fun. One guy on line actually complained that the red light blind spot warning light was in the speaker and not in the mirror. Give me a break. Dial 1 800-WaWaWah. At least we finally have a blindspot warning light!

I did have the representative take a couple pictures of some scratches on the hood and some spots all over the hood, but I'm not that concerned, because I'm going to wrap it in Black Cherry next week anyway. Pics to follow.

The vehicle far exceeds my expectations and the steering is unexplainable except by the word AWESOME! It can turn around in about a 15 ft Circle and could probably outdo a Prius in that regard. It has a soft comfortable ride, better than the X and Y IMHO.

I have already been to Lowe's and loaded up with some bags of mulch, so I'm using my cyber truck as a real truck. Of course, while my wife shopped for flowers, I drew the usual crowds. Most were very kind and inquisitive and they even asked permission to take pictures. One dear older couple was so sweet. As they walked away, I could here her say to her husband, "No, honey, You're not getting one, but maybe I will." Too cute. One guy walked by and pointed to what looked like an old VW van. He said that he has had his van for 50 years and, he sarcastically said he wondered where the Cybertruck would be in 50 years? I had read the article about the Model S with over 375,000 miles and shared the info. He was persistent, so I told him it would probably be on Mars, and quite frankly, I wondered where he might be in 50 years. That got him to walk away. The little lady said, "I wonder what he had for breakfast."

Here's a funny to remember. My friends and I drove it around a bit near the Tesla dealership and hit it hard and felt like it was reasonable acceleration for a near 7,000 lb vehicle. It obviously wasn't a Model X Raven or a Model S Plaid, but It seemed to have reasonable acceleration for the size of the vehicle.

That night when I got home, a friend wanted a ride, so we headed up the road toward the highway, and as I looked down at the miles per hour indicator, I noticed underneath it it said in capital letters CHILL. Sure enough, the default setting was the CHILL mode.

Well, I pulled over and flipped it into standard/sport mode, and then it took off like a wild-assed ape, with neck-snapping ability, from amost any speed. Pure Tesla, born and bred. The nose lifted, and the ass end went down, and it dug in for a 0 to 60 of 3.8, almost as fast as my Model Y Performance (3.5). Just be aware of the factory setting when you get yours. To feel that 21/2 ton refrigerator accelerate to that speed in such a short time is pretty exhilarating, actually. More so, than any of my other Tesla vehicles.

Worth the wait. Definitely, worth the wait.
My summary. Pretty BAD ASS!
Congratulations Bro

I ordered my SINGLE MOTOR Cybertruck in June 2021 and this morning received the email that my Foundation Series was ready to be configured and purchased. Anyone know if I lose my place in line for the Single Motor if I don't order this Dual Motor Foundation Series?

I can probably swing $61k and (hopefully) get the tax credit in 2025 or 2026 but I don't want to pay $100k for the FS.

Reactions: Jones1
I ordered my SINGLE MOTOR Cybertruck in June 2021 and this morning received the email that my Foundation Series was ready to be configured and purchased. Anyone know if I lose my place in line for the Single Motor if I don't order this Dual Motor Foundation Series?

I can probably swing $61k and (hopefully) get the tax credit in 2025 or 2026 but I don't want to pay $100k for the FS.
They say. If you do nothing. It will just go back in the queue.
I would call Tesla or text message them.
Tell them you want to wait.