Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! This is why I love the app!

Another suggestion, obviously this is the first Bluetooth Support, having Door Eject (Model3/Y) would be cool. Don't think that's possible for the Phone App, since pretty sure it needs Bluetooth connected, but should work for Watch app since there's no Tesla app, at least for Android?
Yes, it can open all the doors on both the phone and watch. There's a breakdown here.

So, I added a Watch key through the Tessie app, and it went smoothly. I haven't added the Tessie App on the phone as a key because I don't see much point (if the Tesla app is a phone key). But the watch didn't work as expected. It seems that I can't use the watch for passive opening of the car, and would still need to tap the unlock icon in the app?

So, I added a Watch key through the Tessie app, and it went smoothly. I haven't added the Tessie App on the phone as a key because I don't see much point (if the Tesla app is a phone key). But the watch didn't work as expected. It seems that I can't use the watch for passive opening of the car, and would still need to tap the unlock icon in the app?
No, you should never need to tap unlock in the app. Apple supports background Bluetooth on Series 6 and watchOS 9 or newer. For older watches, the app must be open for Auto Unlock to work.

If the app is open and auto unlock is not working or if you have a newer watch and it's not working in the background, email [email protected] and tap Settings > Upload Logs in your watch app so I can take a look at what's going on there.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
No, you should never need to tap unlock in the app. Apple supports background Bluetooth on Series 6 and watchOS 9 or newer. For older watches, the app must be open for Auto Unlock to work.

If the app is open and auto unlock is not working or if you have a newer watch and it's not working in the background, email [email protected] and tap Settings > Upload Logs in your watch app so I can take a look at what's going on there.
Ah, it's an Series 4. I'll try it with the app open. Nowhere near as convenient though (not your fault), but a good backup to the phone.

I’ve been getting this a bit since the update James

IMG_5891.jpeg

Thanks for the report! Fixed in the next update.
Awesome thanks. Also I’ve just noticed that the status live view on the Home screen (eg parked) seems to only start counting up from when you actually open the app. It doesn’t show how long the car has actually been in that status.

Eg

IMG_5892.jpeg

IMG_5893.jpeg

So in that case the car has been parked for 55mins, but the Home Screen of Tessie only shows 48seconds because I opened the app 48 seconds ago. Hope that makes sense

Awesome thanks. Also I’ve just noticed that the status live view on the Home screen (eg parked) seems to only start counting up from when you actually open the app. It doesn’t show how long the car has actually been in that status.

Eg

So in that case the car has been parked for 55mins, but the Home Screen of Tessie only shows 48seconds because I opened the app 48 seconds ago. Hope that makes sense
Does it correct the number after restarting the app? Please send any other issues to [email protected].

James, I once asked if you'd consider adding any of these automations suggestions:

1) Vent the windows upon cabin temperature (User Defined).
2) Closed vented windows upon rain detection by wiper (I suppose would require sentry be on)
3) Open/ Close vented window via schedule.
4) At (user defined temperature) start A/C ((or trigger cabin protection) and close vented windows after (user defined) minutes.

Your concern at the time (my memory may be poor) was that Tesla was under some pressure about remote opening and closing of windows. Time having passed, and given Tesla seems to have no problem allowing window vent manipulation remotely, nor does your ap (you have it as an icon too). I"m wondering if you'd consider these as useful tools for the users.

James, I once asked if you'd consider adding any of these automations suggestions:

1) Vent the windows upon cabin temperature (User Defined).
2) Closed vented windows upon rain detection by wiper (I suppose would require sentry be on)
3) Open/ Close vented window via schedule.
4) At (user defined temperature) start A/C ((or trigger cabin protection) and close vented windows after (user defined) minutes.

Your concern at the time (my memory may be poor) was that Tesla was under some pressure about remote opening and closing of windows. Time having passed, and given Tesla seems to have no problem allowing window vent manipulation remotely, nor does your ap (you have it as an icon too). I"m wondering if you'd consider these as useful tools for the users.
Yeah, the NHTSA came down on them and they had to turn off remote window controls for a lot of cars. It seems like they've addressed those issues though.

1) Can't be known when the car is asleep so not doable as it wouldn't work most of the time
2) Can't be known remotely, but I can add something similar for when rain is detected nearby
3) Can do this already!
4) Same deal as 1

Yeah, the NHTSA came down on them and they had to turn off remote window controls for a lot of cars. It seems like they've addressed those issues though.

1) Can't be known when the car is asleep so not doable as it wouldn't work most of the time
2) Can't be known remotely, but I can add something similar for when rain is detected nearby
3) Can do this already!
4) Same deal as 1

Thanks for answering!

#1 You certainly not more than I ever will, but I'm curious: How does cabin overheat protection know to wake up when a temp is exceeded? I'm NOT arguing, I'm trying to figure out what I don't understand about the many mysteries of Tesla. I have COP set to "No AC" and I thought the car was sleeping... Could I be wrong (again)? How does one confirm/deny the car sleeps?

#2 Cool! Thanks. That will make vented windows less of an issue. Be super nice with #3!

#3: Now how in hades did I miss that? Nice! Already built the schedule.

Thanks for answering!

#1 You certainly not more than I ever will, but I'm curious: How does cabin overheat protection know to wake up when a temp is exceeded? I'm NOT arguing, I'm trying to figure out what I don't understand about the many mysteries of Tesla. I have COP set to "No AC" and I thought the car was sleeping... Could I be wrong (again)? How does one confirm/deny the car sleeps?

#2 Cool! Thanks. That will make vented windows less of an issue. Be super nice with #3!

#3: Now how in hades did I miss that? Nice! Already built the schedule.
Awake/Asleep can be seen easily in Activity. COP has had a number of different implementations in different models and years, so I'm not sure of everything that Tesla uses to trigger it. In the past, it has been known to sometimes (not sure of the magic here) keep the car awake to monitor the temperature. And I'm pretty certain it will stay awake whenever COP is cooling the car, which for some people will be 24/7.

Reactions: dafish