Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy new year James & all.

Quick question. Can you please check to see if you can support Action Button on the Apple Watch Ultra? Seems like this is a developer feature to support in apps to make their apps visible to the Action Button and which action to map to it etc.

Thank you

Happy new year James & all.

Quick question. Can you please check to see if you can support Action Button on the Apple Watch Ultra? Seems like this is a developer feature to support in apps to make their apps visible to the Action Button and which action to map to it etc.

Thank you
To use the Action Button, create a shortcut in the Shortcuts app with the thing you want to do, then map that shortcut to the Action Button.
James, Tessie no longer (maybe a couple weeks now) alerts when charge is complete. However, when the charge cable is removed the alert then goes out.
Hmm... that's news to me. Email me the date and time of this at [email protected] from your account email. Thank you!

To use the Action Button, create a shortcut in the Shortcuts app with the thing you want to do, then map that shortcut to the Action Button.

Thanks. I am able to use Shortcuts to bring up Tessie app. What I mean to say is to expose the actions within Tessie to be mapped directly to the Action Button. Have a look at the Dev article on this please when you have a minute. Thank you

Reactions: zoomer0056
Thanks. I am able to use Shortcuts to bring up Tessie app. What I mean to say is to expose the actions within Tessie to be mapped directly to the Action Button. Have a look at the Dev article on this please when you have a minute. Thank you

Sorry, I don't understand. Did you read the article? Can you post a photo or screenshot of what you're talking about, or of this setting on your watch where you're expecting Tessie to show up?

Sorry, I don't understand. Did you read the article? Can you post a photo or screenshot of what you're talking about, or of this setting on your watch where you're expecting Tessie to show up?

Sorry for not being clear. I can take this offline with you if that works better so we don't take group's time.

I have already configured a shortcut to map to the button which then brings up Tessie on my watch. This works well. The question here is to get Tessie to expose certain actions (ie lock/unlock) with a single button press as opposed to opening the app and then using the UI.

"To add your app to the list of available workout or dive apps, implement an App Intent that adopts the StartWorkoutIntent or StartDiveIntent protocol. For more information, see Responding to the Action button on Apple Watch Ultra."

So as I understand it you can implement what is called an App Intent and this will expose whatever function you tie to that intent. I would shoot for things that could make most sense as single button press actions. Thanks for considering.

Sorry for not being clear. I can take this offline with you if that works better so we don't take group's time.

I have already configured a shortcut to map to the button which then brings up Tessie on my watch. This works well. The question here is to get Tessie to expose certain actions (ie lock/unlock) with a single button press as opposed to opening the app and then using the UI.

"To add your app to the list of available workout or dive apps, implement an App Intent that adopts the StartWorkoutIntent or StartDiveIntent protocol. For more information, see Responding to the Action button on Apple Watch Ultra."

So as I understand it you can implement what is called an App Intent and this will expose whatever function you tie to that intent. I would shoot for things that could make most sense as single button press actions. Thanks for considering.
I understand, but Tessie is not a workout or dive app...

I understand, but Tessie is not a workout or dive app...
I think I know that! The document refers to those as examples. Please read App Intent topic at your convenience to gain further insight on what the SDK offers. Thank you

I think I know that! The document refers to those as examples. Please read App Intent topic at your convenience to gain further insight on what the SDK offers. Thank you

I don't see how this is possible. Can you post a screenshot of any Apple Watch, or a photo of your own Apple Watch, showing this functionality for any non-dive or workout app?

I don't see how this is possible. Can you post a screenshot of any Apple Watch, or a photo of your own Apple Watch, showing this functionality for any non-dive or workout app?
Thanks. I will stop asking for this until it becomes a more commonly implemented feature across more watch apps. No need to chase it for now as it seems perhaps SDK limitations are at hand here. Thanks for humoring me with my questions.

Quick question on the calculation of the battery use and efficiency for a drive. It looks to me that the energy use during the idle period prior to a drive is included in the energy used during the drive. The only reason I raise this as I am moving over from TelsaFi and was comparing the data for the same drive. Tessie is reporting a significantly higher w/h for the same drive (390 vs 343) with the same distance recorded.

Quick question on the calculation of the battery use and efficiency for a drive. It looks to me that the energy use during the idle period prior to a drive is included in the energy used during the drive. The only reason I raise this as I am moving over from TelsaFi and was comparing the data for the same drive. Tessie is reporting a significantly higher w/h for the same drive (390 vs 343) with the same distance recorded.
The calculation is wh/mi * range used during the drive.

The calculation is wh/mi * range used during the drive.
Hi James, thanks for the quick response.
The drive was 31.5 miles, the energy use reported by Tessie was 9.51 kWh and TeslaFi 8.36 KWh. This explains the difference in efficiency reported.
I don't know which one is right, but the difference in reported usage is over 10% which is significant when calculating trips.
My reason for looking at this is that I have moved from M3 LR to MY LR so interested in the change of range for my longer drives.