Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, love it too!!! Haha

Haha, I love all the outrage. Reminds me of the hate on Apple fan sites when they first announced the iPod.

I personally think it looks so absurd that I absolutely love it. I placed two orders for it to replace my Model 3 and Ram 1500.

99% of people might think it's fugly, but I LOVE it. It's so unique that I'd take it over a high-end Range Rover, G-Wagon, or even a supercar. Bottom line is that I'm buying it for me and not everyone else. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• thumbnail.png
    thumbnail.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 58
It's the vehicular equivalent of calling every worker in 'Murrika pedo guy.

Which leaves who exactly as the target demographic? Even the most rabid internet influencers must rebel against this late-stage abortion.

It could be useful to the military though, as an OAV [Ocular Assault Vehicle] to horrify and repel the enemy without firing a shot!

Jesus wept ... von Holzhausen must have died inside to see his legacy so brutally violated before the world.
I think he is just seeing how much interest there is in it before proceeding. That is why the $100 is listed as fully refundable.

Reactions: sundaymorning
I admit, I ordered. I'll take the functionality and price even if the design is a little geometric. My first thought was Aztec failure but the Aztec was also a crappy car whereas the features and performance of this will surpass anything currently available or in development. This will be awesome for surf/ski trips with the family -- without the massive gas bill that comes with any other similarly sized truck. Maybe I can even rig it to sleep in at the ski hill. My only concern is it will be years before it comes and the specs will be worse than they're touting.

I put in an order for the tri-motor. I’m not a pickup guy and the car is way bigger than I like and I’m not a fan of its looks. But that 500+ mile range, damn. Plus, it’s only 100 bucks fully refundable. I’m mostly sure I’ll cancel since what I’m really hoping is that whatever battery tech breakthrough they’re expecting to make to get that much range into that big a car for that price will make its way into their smaller vehicle lineup. The reservation numbers are likely to be goosed since it’s such a small deposit; the real question is how many follow through with the order. I’m about 75% that I won’t right now.

This is reminiscent of the Model 3 - lots of hate yet the sales speak differently.

Most ICE manufacturers are still at Model S nosecone styling. Just wait for it.

Tesla is not slowing down. Those specs and price point will light a fire under the "competition". Anyone thinking about bringing a truck to market has that bar to reach.

- to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market as soon as possible.

Put down a reservation for a Tri-motor. Plan to take the family to all USA national parks and wildlife reserves and rove over whatever terrain it will encounter. It's a truck and full size SUV combined and much better than the MB GLS I was looking at. What is it not like? Have to wait for 3 years.
Tri-motor? I see a lawsuit from Ford, they had a Trimotor airplane in the 30's Trademark infringement!

Like almost everyone, my first reaction was: "This is a joke, right?" It's so ugly I couldn't see myself driving it. But I'm sure Tesla studied people's reactions and found they start to like Cybertruck after the shock wears off. The specs are fantastic and make it a no-brainer if you can get over the looks.

It happened to me: this morning I decided to overlook the looks and ordered the tri-motor version. It will be a good EV replacement for my Mercedes Sprinter cargo / adventure van. It'll become my daily driver and my wife will take our Model 3 to replace her Volt. We'll replace three vehicles with two.

Ok, i understand that part, people want vehicles with different sizes.

"I don't understand why you would want to have hi/low, I guess we will get "buttons" similar to "slip start" etc..."

4WD low range is for really gnarly conditions. My husband and I were in the Oregon outback again recently, and we truly needed to have our Dodge Ram 2500 in low range to negotiate some of the "roads". I've been eagerly waiting for the Tesla pickup, so once we pay off our Model 3, we can replace the Ram. I like a lot of the features of the Cybertruck, but I'm not there yet. The seats look woefully uncomfortable, I wonder if the full-spanning headlight would blind oncoming drivers, also agree with some of the other questions posted here about the truck. It's way too angular for my taste - maybe soften the corners a little? My initial reaction during the reveal was that his main market is going to be the military, or wannabe military dudes. Will it come in camo or olive drab?

I placed a reservation last night, maybe an hour after the event, got a screen with a reservation number, but today still no email from Tesla, even though Apple Pay took my money.

Anyone here with in the same boat? Possibly related: I forgot to log into my Tesla account before placing the order, but I don’t see why that matters. I am assuming that once they contact me, I can associate the reservation with my existing acccount.

EDIT: 30sec after posting this I got the confirmation.
More issues:
Of course I had forgotten to log into my Tesla account before placing the reservation. So the confirmation was sent to my Apple Pay email, which Is different from the one I use for my Tesla account, so the plot thickens. It is gonna be a hassle getting this reservation merged into my account.

meh, I'd just make a new reservation on the correct account and cancel the first one now or later however you feel like it. Having an early reservation wasn't that big a deal for most on the Model 3 rollout.

The design of the truck did came out of functional requirements.

That may sound strange for many not having seen such a vehicle before but functionality and cost combined made it a logic choice.

If that holds to be true for BEV trucks which I believe it will then you better like it because you'll see this design more often.
Learn Why The Tesla Cybertruck Makes Perfect Sense