Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmmu 12V Battery Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So ive had the V4 battery for 2 weeks now and havent had any issues like before. Been doing everything the same, using sentry, cabin overheat and check the voltage of the battery daily and its staying at 14volts consistently. When i received the new battery i also put it on a trickle charger meant for Lipo batteries to get it fully charged before i installed the battery.
I wasn't so lucky. Mine was at about 95% when installed. What software version? Post of any notifications show up or amber warnings. Thanks

If the battery needs to be fully charged to not be detected, it will eventually be detected.
If I swap out my 12V with a an LFP and do it without ever letting the power drop, it will go weeks before it detects it (or any event that causes a reboot like a SW update).
If I just drop the LFP in, it often detects it within a day or two.
Meanwhile, I have put in a fairly discharged lead acid and it just happily charges it up and never throws an error.
If you LFP needs to be charged to not throw an error, that just means you got the car to skip the test for now, but doesn't tell you anything long term.

Use of Sentry also pretty much invalidates the test as it basically disables use of the 12V.

I do not recommend this battery for your Tesla Model 3. I got one and had issues after 2 weeks. i decided to get the original, when the tech got here he told me that these will not work for long time after the software updates. The charge cycles are different than lead batteries (as the original). I opened a claim to OHMMU, to see what they say and sadly, they asked me for all the documentation on the purchase. after submitting all they were requesting; they stopped writing back and no response from them. I talked to another user and they got the exact same thing. very expensive battery for no support or warranty. the new one from tesla cost me 111 with install. i should have gone that router to begin with.

NOT RECOMMENDING OHMMU AT ALL! use at your own risk.

• Helpful
Reactions: sunhelm and CaptUAL
So ive had the V4 battery for 2 weeks now and havent had any issues like before. Been doing everything the same, using sentry, cabin overheat and check the voltage of the battery daily and its staying at 14volts consistently. When i received the new battery i also put it on a trickle charger meant for Lipo batteries to get it fully charged before i installed the battery.
I notice the V4 battery is staying at 14 volts. Is the from a battery tracker installed or are you just taking periodic manual readings? If a tracker, could you publish a sample daily charging graph? I notice my V4 100% trickle charged is at about 14.09 volts after 2 days rest and that would put it at or slightly about the charging profile I have observed on my lead acid AtlasBX and my AGM batteries. My install of the V4 (without a preinstall trickle charge to 100%) showed about 14 volts for 4 hours then a fall off and isolation with the VCFront_a180 and non further charging. Thanks

I notice the V4 battery is staying at 14 volts. Is the from a battery tracker installed or are you just taking periodic manual readings? If a tracker, could you publish a sample daily charging graph? I notice my V4 100% trickle charged is at about 14.09 volts after 2 days rest and that would put it at or slightly about the charging profile I have observed on my lead acid AtlasBX and my AGM batteries. My install of the V4 (without a preinstall trickle charge to 100%) showed about 14 volts for 4 hours then a fall off and isolation with the VCFront_a180 and non further charging. Thanks
Manual readings with my s3xy buttons commander device along with teslax app on my iphone. Yesterday i noticed though the voltage on the battery was now 13.5volts.

Reactions: Flybyglass
Manual readings with my s3xy buttons commander device along with teslax app on my iphone.
Are you sure this is the raw "12V" battery voltage? The bus voltage of the car can be different than the battery voltage (unlike almost all ICE cars). Depending on where the commander gets this voltage, it may not be the battery voltage, or may not be it all the time.

Any messages yet. Waiting for the next FSD Beta to see if issues addressed.
So it was fine up until the 30th when i started to get the VCfront_a180 messages filling up the message center :( Seems v4 doesnt do the trick. Feel bad for ohmmu cause tesla has screwed them with no recourse to fixing the problem. Though i do have to say that the car is functioning fine otherwise? It hasnt said its powering down or anything yet. But when i get home i will be swapping it back out with my lead battery which has been on a trickle charger since i took it out.

Are you sure this is the raw "12V" battery voltage? The bus voltage of the car can be different than the battery voltage (unlike almost all ICE cars). Depending on where the commander gets this voltage, it may not be the battery voltage, or may not be it all the time.
Pretty sure its getting it from the PID for 12vbattery in teslax. I also tested voltage at the battery with my voltmeter at the same time and voltages matched.

So it was fine up until the 30th when i started to get the VCfront_a180 messages filling up the message center :( Seems v4 doesnt do the trick. Feel bad for ohmmu cause tesla has screwed them with no recourse to fixing the problem. Though i do have to say that the car is functioning fine otherwise? It hasnt said its powering down or anything yet. But when i get home i will be swapping it back out with my lead battery which has been on a trickle charger since i took it out.
Notify Ohmmu. When I had V3 installed fully charged it lasted a month then the CB VCFront_a180 would appear. After several messages swapped back. No messages. Put V4 in as mentioned and I think it was worse. It is supposed to be a drop in replacement. For comparison resting voltage of AntiGravity 51R is about 13.2 they claim no issues no messages but still testing?
LithiumMoto claims no issues they say resting voltage at 12.8. That would be closest to lead readings. Both of these show voltages below charging voltage which may be why they work (so far).

Last edited:
Though ive been seeing my car goto sleep normally even during these messages?
I wasn't trying to say your car had that condition- just that it's the one "bad" thing that can happen if you otherwise know the battery is healthy.

LithiumMoto claims no issues they say resting voltage at 12.8.
LithiumMoto also claims LiFePO4 chemistry. You can't have different voltages with the same chemistry, the voltage is fundamental to that. Unless you are running a 1kW bidrectional DC/DC converter, which none of these batteries are doing at this price or these weights.