Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ok to Use automated car wash? S in neutral, car too low or just do it all ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been an ongoing discussion over many threads. Just do a search and you will see a plethora of information and opinions. Personally, I go 1-2 per week. They personally drive my car through (rather then deal with the neural vs tow mode). No issues with paint. I don't fold my mirrors in either.

Reactions: Gt1948
I use an automated car wash on a weekly basis and haven't had any issues, it does have brushes and I haven't even noticed as much as a single swirl since I bought the car 8 months ago.

This has been an ongoing discussion over many threads. Just do a search and you will see a plethora of information and opinions. Personally, I go 1-2 per week. They personally drive my car through (rather then deal with the neural vs tow mode). No issues with paint. I don't fold my mirrors in either.

Is your car wrapped?

I have a combination of 3m vinyl wrap and plasti-dip to accommodate my compulsion to remove all chrome. It has all held up. I am exactly 1 year in. The kick plate on the drivers side needs a little touch up (from rocks, not car wash), but otherwise holding strong. Even the dip on my rims has remained flawless.

I use an automated wash at my local Costco, and it even has those foam "brush" things. I am a terrible person. The biggest thing is getting aligned right to not scratch your rims on the tracks, then just put it in neutral and stay seated in the car.

I do NOT use the kind of washes where they send your car through without someone in it - then the car has to be in tow mode, and that sounds like a nightmare if someone messes it up. So I just use the Costco wash and call it good. (I do have a full PPF wrap, tho)