Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Older Teslas limited to 90kW Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did we just find a new 60kWh battery?

PN 1028600-00-B / SN T13L0027310
Would you look at that. You lucky duck have a battery that I believe we haven't seen yet.
It's a Dec 2013 battery with a part number that isn't in our battery table.
And apparently it's the first S60 charging at 1.85C. That's like an S85 charging at 157kW!!!

Congratulations. I'll enter you into the table, please fill in any missing details... (VIN, build date, delivery date...)
Also, is there any other sticker? Can you get a picture where we see all of the top of the sticker?

(OK, that's a worthwhile post to be my #1000 - we found yet another new battery, it seems)

Great find, guys. So does this mean that older 60s are maxed out at 1.75 C, but the new ones go to 1.85 C? Interesting that there would be such a small incremental step not available to current 60s.

I expect them to continue to make successive incremental improvements. I think this is wonderful news. I really want to see this continue. Then when I upgrade to a bigger battery in a few years I'll get to benefit...

Hello everyone,

I just bought a red P85, (P09079) and was wondering if it would be guaranteed a B Battery? It seems like in the table, there are later vehicles with an A battery, but also earlier vehicles with a B battery (that weren't replaced).

I'll be picking it up next week, would be interesting to know.

Hello everybody,

My Model S (vin 1682) had the same error message regarding the 12v battery not working. It turned out the problem was with the main high voltage battery. Despite happening on a Saturday, Tesla had my car turned around with a (I think) brand new battery pack within 48 hours. The battery code is 1038596-01-D, if anybody is interested.

Once again, Tesla demonstrates amazing customer service.

Hello everyone,

I just bought a red P85, (P09079) and was wondering if it would be guaranteed a B Battery? It seems like in the table, there are later vehicles with an A battery, but also earlier vehicles with a B battery (that weren't replaced).

I'll be picking it up next week, would be interesting to know.

From the VIN, it is likely a B battery. But if you want to be sure, have a look at the battery sticker in the right front wheel well before you accept the car.

Hello everybody,

My Model S (vin 1682) had the same error message regarding the 12v battery not working. It turned out the problem was with the main high voltage battery. Despite happening on a Saturday, Tesla had my car turned around with a (I think) brand new battery pack within 48 hours. The battery code is 1038596-01-D, if anybody is interested.

One other thing - on my home NEMA charger, I now get 29 mph, as opposed to 28 previously, and a full charge is 265 compared with 258 (I had put 21k miles on the battery).

Hello everybody,

You were "lucky". They probably didn't have a similar battery pack in stock, so they gave you a relatively new one (might not be completely new, but given it ends in D, it's certainly fairly new).

Congratulations on being one of the fortunate few to get a D pack. I would love to have a D, refurb or new.

It would be interesting if there is a Tesla policy regarding how far they go to replace "like with like". We've heard from a few owners that appear to have received a replacement battery that is significantly inferior to what they previously had. Others appear to have benefited from replacement.

..and for you I wish a lovely clunk, or whatever disengaging of drive sound your car makes. thinking 'good' thoughts for you apacheguy (but the later it happens the better if you plan on keeping your car for a long time..)
I would never wish this on anyone. Regardless* of the final result.

Edit:
* Okay, maybe if it caused you to find your true love, get married, have kids, win the lottery using your wedding date as your numbers, live a long and happy life, etc. etc.

Absolutely loving my P09079, with its B Battery. I do a lot of supercharging, so its great to go at >90kW!

pu3e7e5a.jpg