Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG: digitaltim’s delivery story…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
37.5k service scheduled for 12/30 - will report out on any findings then...

Significant issues to date:

- main battery replaced @ 11k
- passenger rear bearings replaced @ 20k
- rock jammed between brake pad and rotor @ 36k

I love my car.

Update - forgot that windscreen was replaced back in August due to stress fracture

Last edited:
- rock jammed between brake pad and rotor @ 36k

You had this too? My wife experienced this, she described it as the most god-awful squeal she had ever heard come from a car. I was out of town, but Tesla came and identified the problem and resolved it, although as I understand finding the source was a bit of a challenge.

You had this too? My wife experienced this, she described it as the most god-awful squeal she had ever heard come from a car. I was out of town, but Tesla came and identified the problem and resolved it, although as I understand finding the source was a bit of a challenge.

Yep - it happened yesterday. I visually inspected but could not see anything - ranger came out and addressed it within an hour. Service continues to be fantastic for me.

digitaltim, you should be named drivingtim!

So you have the 21" wheels, how many tires have you gone through?
Blowouts?

Thanks,
/Ed

No blowouts, but I have had three flat tires in the first year w/ one due to a cracked rim and the others due to nails/screws.

I got 15-20k out of the original 21" Contis - swapped them out for 19" for the winter season.

I did a track day training event at Mid Ohio in one of their Acura TSXs and this happened to me during an autocross. It truly is a terrible noise. In my case the brakes were still working, we were competing, and most importantly the car wasn't mine, so I continued to thrash it despite the terrible noise.

I was greeted to a crowd at the end of the run, all excited saying "that was the coolest thing I've ever seen!" and other exaggerations. Turns out I was shooting sparks so big they were getting to the middle of the front passenger door before burning out! Ooops!

So I hereby hope yours didn't shoot any sparks :wink:

@AMN - no details on battery failure from back in March - apologies for the delayed response…

37.5k service details (odometer @ 39k):

- 12V battery replaced
- wipers, fob batteries (along w/ one new fob)
- front lower control arm washers & nuts replaced per service bulletin
- pano roof creak service bulletin
- c-pillar service bulletin
- front bumper carrier bolt replacement per service bulletin
- whine under acceleration noted and under investigation
- foam install in 1/4 glass to eliminate wind noise
- UMC replaced - in the last two weeks the old one started going "red" if slightly bumped
- pano front applique seal updated

Forgot an item and a couple of new ones:

- windscreen had to be replaced due to stress fracture @ 20k'ish miles
- @ 40k miles and motor housing to driver's side parking break had a crack that was infiltrated by water and finally failed
- gloss finish carbon fiber spoiler has two cracks - weather is the only contributing factor

Was there a warning that the parking brake was failing or did it just stop working? I think the loss of the automatic/electronic parking brakes would make the car unusable unless I'm misunderstanding the issue you experienced.

"Parking brake fault" on the dash. I was able to get it to work by toggling between park/drive on a few occasions.

It failed completely yesterday morning and was locked to the rotor.

Finally...a garage floor worthy of my Model S!!!

50k service scheduled for the end of May...report to follow...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398633844.673492.jpg

It is the industrial grade Rust-Oleum product. I was lazy and had a local outfit do it. They lightly grind the surface to remove imperfections & make the surface more porous, seal cracks and apply the product. I was away for the weekend and came back to a finished garage!

Epoxy floors are great. Easy to clean, look great, etc. One word of advice to anyone considering it. If you work on your cars (or other projects), go with a solid color and ditch the flakes that come with the kit. A friend of mine went with one of the flake-in-paint setups, and he's forever hunting for small parts he drops.

A small bolt that would be easy to find on a solid gray floor is well camouflaged by all those flakes! :mad:

Tim, did they have to acid etch the floor, or did they just grind it? I want to do this some day, but I'm not keen on flooding the garage floor with acid, and having it run down into the bolt holes that anchor my lift to the floor.

Yes, I know, I should have painted the floor first, but I got a great deal on the lift and had to jump on it before painting.

Last edited: