Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG: digitaltim’s delivery story…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lastly, DJ Mayo provided me a flicker link to photos from the paint correction and Xpel wrap I had done earlier this spring. The car looks better than any coming off the assembly line.

See here:

Tims Tesla Paint correction and Gyeon quartz coating by DJ Mayo Studios | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

He is in the Northern VA area. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will send you his contact info. Let him know I sent you his way.

Tim,

I'd like his contact info.

100k service scheduled for Friday, but I hit the number tonight...details to follow...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445301679.830236.jpg

Congrats! How are you liking v7? With as much driving as you do, your opinion carries some heavy weight :)

Given I have a "classic," I really do not see many differences aside from UX/UI since I don't have the hardware to take advantage of many of the other features/functions.

I can tell you my 16 and 13yo very tech-savvy daughters do not like the changes...especially the oversized buttons when listening to Slacker.

The biggest issue I have is the clock not being visible on the dash. ;-)

I have a Classic as well. I am heading down to Florida on Friday, so I've held off updating for now as I really liked the functionality and ease of readability in 6.2. While I'm leaning towards staying that way until 7.1 comes out, I haven't seen v7 in person yet, so I'm reserving final judgement.

Meanwhile, I am "happy" to see you did 340 Wh/mi on this trip. Makes me feel better as I cannot get anywhere close to 280 Wh/mi another area owner gets on his P85.

I have a Classic as well. I am heading down to Florida on Friday, so I've held off updating for now as I really liked the functionality and ease of readability in 6.2. While I'm leaning towards staying that way until 7.1 comes out, I haven't seen v7 in person yet, so I'm reserving final judgement.

Meanwhile, I am "happy" to see you did 340 Wh/mi on this trip. Makes me feel better as I cannot get anywhere close to 280 Wh/mi another area owner gets on his P85.

My "life of car" average is 359 Wh/mile. I drive...spiritedly.

Details of my semi-annual (100k - 100,481 actual miles) service:

- annual service: wiper blades, fob batteries, desiccant bag, cap receiver & dryer, brake fluid & alignment
- EV inlet replaced - UMC had been failing to connect

Looking forward to the future out-of-warranty repairs. ;-)

PS - I had a 85RWD loaner w/ autopilot and kept it for the weekend. On highways, it was nearly flawless except for occasionally wanting to exit the highway if I was in the slow lane and passed an exit with breaks in the shoulder line. On secondary roads, it was a similar experience including a couple of hair raising moments when the car want to veer left or right based on breaks in the lane/shoulder lines. In my opinion, lane changes are abrupt as others have also noted and highway use is definitely recommended/preferred. TACC performed well as always. I am looking forward to AP v1.1 and bullish on the continued improvements.

PPS - I like the new integrated energy cluster on the dash in v7 and wish my classic had that view - TPMS individual tire readouts would have been nice too.

Last edited:
My 330ci 12v was $319 at an independent repair place. Purchased at parts place instead for $129.

Is the tesla 12v available aftermarket?

I think they are making it in house now. the might sell one but don't know. The battery itself is something like $135 (or more). Definitely a bit more time consuming than replacing other 12V batteries

Last edited: