TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

OMG! This is the final straw...

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by Matt L, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

I just got an email that I lost my free premium connectivity on my Cybertruck that I was hoping to get in 2 years. Nevermind, that I have no idea what features I will actually get, what I will pay for, or if I even really got screwed...somehow, I was entitled to much more.

Screw you Elon! I’m done!

• Funny x 7
  2. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Active Member

images.jpeg-2.jpg

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 1
  3. Puddles

Puddles Member

Well I want to waaaah myself into the class action lawsuit, because when I bought my car, premium connectivity was a feature I paid for. There was no time limit expressed.

What next, are they going to announce that my premium sound system is expiring and will be remotely disabled?

• Funny x 4
    • Disagree x 2
  4. Cyber_Dav

Cyber_Dav Member

Not a Tesla owner, so had to research. According to all the Tesla owners on reddit, this (the time limit) was always in the fine print. You may have missed it, but it was there.

5. destructure00

destructure00 Active Member

Lug nuts will expire first and wheels will fall off.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. Puddles

Puddles Member

Welp, okay, I’ve been wrong before. I will continue to whine however, and say that this nickel-and-dime approach is (or should be) beneath a classy joint like Tesla.

I’m also thinking of the wiper blade they unnecessarily replaced under warranty, which would probably all by itself have paid for a whole year of premium knick-knackery.

• Disagree x 1
  7. Cyber_Dav

Cyber_Dav Member

I do not disagree with your sentiment. Many cars come with 1 year of Sirius. I'd rather no trial at all, year end always feels like a ripoff, even when terms were clearly stated.

Even though Tesla had it in the fine print, many shared your belief it was a permanent feature. Feeling ripped off is justified, I think.

8. destructure00

destructure00 Active Member

Someone has to pay for the data usage and subscriptions to traffic and satellite imaging services. Why should Tesla foot the bill for everyone?

• Like x 7
  9. xXKingMickeyXx

Lol what was the first straw? If you can't afford $10 a month for premium features then just connect your phone, you still have navigation without premium, honestly sounds like you cant even afford the truck itself if that announcement that was announced a while ago and in fine print is having such an effect on your emotions and regardless how people “felt” that even though it was in fine print that they would have free connectivity for life doesn’t matter cause they were already cut slack with it not going into effect immediately but also with the fact that it was, wait for it, in fine print...

10. Tessaract

Tessaract Member

I know reading is a dying skill, especially small fonts, but really... whining about an unfounded expectation coming to an end is just... need a diaper change?.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. Cyber_Dav

Cyber_Dav Member

I would guess well over 50 percent chance he (the OP) was joking.

"I don't even know what I would lose" but he's mad anyway. Plus no email for Cybertruck, only for current Tesla owners. Just a joke.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. Tessaract

Tessaract Member

I suspected as much as well. And mine was tongue in cheek, too, but with perhaps a tad more bite..

13. Puddles

Puddles Member

Excellent question. They should foot it for early adopters generally because we funded Tesla’s early efforts. We loaned tesla $2000 per car for (in my case anyway) two years. We have paid for FSD and are still waiting for it. We have provided ourselves as guinea pigs for tesla’s R&D efforts, and diligently provided feedback on immature features. And, seeing the way the pricing has changed, we also paid relatively princely sums for our cars once we did get them.

In short, we believe we have *already* paid for the data usage and subscriptions, and shouldn’t have to pay for them again.

I doubt that the number of Model 3’s older than a year is a large percentage of the fleet, so I don’t think this is even the low hanging fruit.

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  14. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

I would bet it’s a 100%.

It’s a comment about the entitlement mentality that seems to be fairly prevalent in this community.

No matter what Tesla does, it’s never enough for some. The fact that they provide more features and value after purchase means nothing at all...they stopped giving something away and therefor people have been somehow slighted.

• Like x 3
  15. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

They are for “early adopters”. If you ordered after 1 Jul 18, I guess you aren’t an early adopter.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  16. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

So many straws...so many things to complain about. I really hate getting free features, that I didn’t pay for, and them not be perfect. That one drives me crazy!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. Puddles

Puddles Member

I’m guessing so too. I did order my model 3 on the very first day you could order them though, so I’m not sure how much earlier I could have adopted.

18. geoffmanley

geoffmanley Member

Elon scans your mind for "early adoption." According to my data, you didn't fully mentally commit until the M3 unveil. That is too late. Sorry.

• Like x 1
  19. Hovscorpion1

Hovscorpion1 Member

Premium connectivity is only for Model S/X and 3. The Cyber Truck has no options to select from. All new cars have premium for free for 1yr. after 1yr, you pay $10. There is no mention of premium connectivity anywhere on the cybertruck.The Cybertruck will come with 1yr free.

20. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Model 3 SR and SR+ only come with a 30 day free trial, and at that only until 12/31/2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.