Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG! This is the final straw...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
images.jpeg-2.jpg

Well I want to waaaah myself into the class action lawsuit, because when I bought my car, premium connectivity was a feature I paid for. There was no time limit expressed.

What next, are they going to announce that my premium sound system is expiring and will be remotely disabled?
Not a Tesla owner, so had to research. According to all the Tesla owners on reddit, this (the time limit) was always in the fine print. You may have missed it, but it was there.

Not a Tesla owner, so had to research. According to all the Tesla owners on reddit, this (the time limit) was always in the fine print. You may have missed it, but it was there.

Welp, okay, I’ve been wrong before. I will continue to whine however, and say that this nickel-and-dime approach is (or should be) beneath a classy joint like Tesla.

I’m also thinking of the wiper blade they unnecessarily replaced under warranty, which would probably all by itself have paid for a whole year of premium knick-knackery.

• Disagree
Reactions: drcarric2650
Welp, okay, I’ve been wrong before. I will continue to whine however, and say that this nickel-and-dime approach is (or should be) beneath a classy joint like Tesla.
I do not disagree with your sentiment. Many cars come with 1 year of Sirius. I'd rather no trial at all, year end always feels like a ripoff, even when terms were clearly stated.

Even though Tesla had it in the fine print, many shared your belief it was a permanent feature. Feeling ripped off is justified, I think.

Lol what was the first straw? If you can't afford $10 a month for premium features then just connect your phone, you still have navigation without premium, honestly sounds like you cant even afford the truck itself if that announcement that was announced a while ago and in fine print is having such an effect on your emotions and regardless how people “felt” that even though it was in fine print that they would have free connectivity for life doesn’t matter cause they were already cut slack with it not going into effect immediately but also with the fact that it was, wait for it, in fine print...

Lol what was the first straw? If you can't afford $10 a month for premium features then just connect your phone, you still have navigation without premium, honestly sounds like you cant even afford the truck itself ...
I would guess well over 50 percent chance he (the OP) was joking.

"I don't even know what I would lose" but he's mad anyway. Plus no email for Cybertruck, only for current Tesla owners. Just a joke.

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt and Sherlo
Someone has to pay for the data usage and subscriptions to traffic and satellite imaging services. Why should Tesla foot the bill for everyone?

Excellent question. They should foot it for early adopters generally because we funded Tesla’s early efforts. We loaned tesla $2000 per car for (in my case anyway) two years. We have paid for FSD and are still waiting for it. We have provided ourselves as guinea pigs for tesla’s R&D efforts, and diligently provided feedback on immature features. And, seeing the way the pricing has changed, we also paid relatively princely sums for our cars once we did get them.

In short, we believe we have *already* paid for the data usage and subscriptions, and shouldn’t have to pay for them again.

I doubt that the number of Model 3’s older than a year is a large percentage of the fleet, so I don’t think this is even the low hanging fruit.

I would guess well over 50 percent chance he (the OP) was joking.

"I don't even know what I would lose" but he's mad anyway. Plus no email for Cybertruck, only for current Tesla owners. Just a joke.
I would bet it’s a 100%.

It’s a comment about the entitlement mentality that seems to be fairly prevalent in this community.

No matter what Tesla does, it’s never enough for some. The fact that they provide more features and value after purchase means nothing at all...they stopped giving something away and therefor people have been somehow slighted.

Excellent question. They should foot it for early adopters generally because we funded Tesla’s early efforts. We loaned tesla $2000 per car for (in my case anyway) two years. We have paid for FSD and are still waiting for it. We have provided ourselves as guinea pigs for tesla’s R&D efforts, and diligently provided feedback on immature features. And, seeing the way the pricing has changed, we also paid relatively princely sums for our cars once we did get them.

In short, we believe we have *already* paid for the data usage and subscriptions, and shouldn’t have to pay for them again.

I doubt that the number of Model 3’s older than a year is a large percentage of the fleet, so I don’t think this is even the low hanging fruit.
They are for “early adopters”. If you ordered after 1 Jul 18, I guess you aren’t an early adopter.

Lol what was the first straw? If you can't afford $10 a month for premium features then just connect your phone, you still have navigation without premium, honestly sounds like you cant even afford the truck itself if that announcement that was announced a while ago and in fine print is having such an effect on your emotions and regardless how people “felt” that even though it was in fine print that they would have free connectivity for life doesn’t matter cause they were already cut slack with it not going into effect immediately but also with the fact that it was, wait for it, in fine print...
So many straws...so many things to complain about. I really hate getting free features, that I didn’t pay for, and them not be perfect. That one drives me crazy!

Premium connectivity is only for Model S/X and 3. The Cyber Truck has no options to select from. All new cars have premium for free for 1yr. after 1yr, you pay $10. There is no mention of premium connectivity anywhere on the cybertruck.The Cybertruck will come with 1yr free.

Premium connectivity is only for Model S/X and 3. The Cyber Truck has no options to select from. All new cars have premium for free for 1yr. after 1yr, you pay $10. There is no mention of premium connectivity anywhere on the cybertruck.The Cybertruck will come with 1yr free.

Model 3 SR and SR+ only come with a 30 day free trial, and at that only until 12/31/2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.