Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found that there are 2 more 32A Tesla charging sites in Tesla webpage: One for public: Royal View Hotel in Ting Kau (Weekdays: $250 for 2 hours free, $350 for 3 hours free, $28 per hour; Weekend: $350 for 2 hours free, $450 for 3 hours free, $40 per hour). One for members only: Clear Water Bay Golf and Country Club. Hope it helps.

Oh didn't realise Royal View Hotel now has it. Was there some months ago and it had nothing. Glad they have it now as I live nearby. The car park entrance is damn narrow though, I think I almost had to retract my side mirrors to squeeze in/out haha

Yes, opinions on Tai Yau is about 50-50, but they have renovated the car park and WS has been there last week and recommended it as the best in Wan Chai.

Agree that all parking in Wanchai is tight. I park after work every other Saturday evening in Wanchai, I use AXA Centre (entrance from Jaffe road), it's probably most expansive in the area but not a lot cars after 7pm. Porsche uses it for their showroom cars.

Tai Yau is tight even for a Camry. Watch out the up/down rams as they could scratch your 21" rims.

Perhaps WS is a more skilled driver than most of us. I agree with 3fiftynine: the ramps and the turns are quite tight -- you can see large black marks where many cars have scratched the walls. And the up and down ramps are very prone to curb rash as they are hard to see. Though I do agree the parking spaces themselves are on the large/wide side.
Every time I'm there, it's to go to the Wanchai Computer Centre, and I don't stay for longer than an hour. I usually just "risk it" -- I haven't seen parking tickets given on Thomson Road.

Perhaps WS is a more skilled driver than most of us. I agree with 3fiftynine: the ramps and the turns are quite tight -- you can see large black marks where many cars have scratched the walls. And the up and down ramps are very prone to curb rash as they are hard to see. Though I do agree the parking spaces themselves are on the large/wide side.
Every time I'm there, it's to go to the Wanchai Computer Centre, and I don't stay for longer than an hour. I usually just "risk it" -- I haven't seen parking tickets given on Thomson Road.

Thanks AppleFan, your comments are also added. Comments about Tai Yau on this forum seems one sided, I will definitely remove it from the map should there be a few more.

Nice! I've just added that too, how expensive is it?

I think it's $35/hour ... or try your luck along 2 hr meters along Jaffe Road, that 's my alternative option. Further along Jaffe Road there is also OTB Building (160 Gloucester Road, parking from Jaffe Road), this is certainly on the blacklist. Don't even try unless you want to try climbing out from trunk or roof of your car.

OTB Building Car Park Added to Blacklist

I think it's $35/hour ... or try your luck along 2 hr meters along Jaffe Road, that 's my alternative option. Further along Jaffe Road there is also OTB Building (160 Gloucester Road, parking from Jaffe Road), this is certainly on the blacklist. Don't even try unless you want to try climbing out from trunk or roof of your car.

OTB Building Car Park Added to Blacklist with thanks!

I want to know more about Allied Kajima Building car park, any comments are welcome.

I think that is for tenant only, no hourly parking for public. It's also not listed in Find Parking, Car Parks, Street Parking, Private Garages - Book Parking - Parkopedia

Really? How sad. I don't know because I only used to walk past often but didn't take note of it. On Google map 2011, this is what it looks like, seems like it was $23/hr

Capture.PNG

I'll inquire in person next time, I have to go there quite often.

Thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you guys for all the information and updates. I don't have range anxiety, but I have a lot of parking anxiety.

Phil, so my map will help you a lot. Because unlike most maps that tells you where to charge, this project of mine tells you if it is safe for your Model S to enter and how to get free parking

AIA Tower North Point also has this kind. Need not join member, just call the phone number they give you that should bring down someone from the car park management and they'll have it activated for you. Otherwise, plug in your 13A and walk over to tell the staff in person. Valet charging.

Adding Ma On Shan Sunshine City, thanks. Is it Phase 4 car park entrance by the way and which floor are the chargers?
Hi, lx3h, yes I believe it was Phase 4 and the chargers are on the first floor more or less as you come in.

Hi, lx3h, yes I believe it was Phase 4 and the chargers are on the first floor more or less as you come in.

Got it, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 75704

This one is up and running I believe. The destination chargers at Icon hotel doesn't show also the one at Clearwater Bay golf club disappeared.

Thank you, I have added The Pulse supercharger long time ago though, haha! So is Hotel Icon's. Clearwater Bay golf club disappeared from Tesla's map? But in reality, is it still there?