Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found that there are 2 more 32A Tesla charging sites in Tesla webpage: One for public: Royal View Hotel in Ting Kau (Weekdays: $250 for 2 hours free, $350 for 3 hours free, $28 per hour; Weekend: $350 for 2 hours free, $450 for 3 hours free, $40 per hour). One for members only: Clear Water Bay Golf and Country Club. Hope it helps.

It is shown in the Supercharger page of Tesla website:

Find Us | Tesla Motors

TeslaSuperChargerMap.JPG

Pacific Place recently upgraded its free parking offer to match IFC's. $300 for 3 hours.

Free parking | Pacific Place

Roger that! Thanks! Updated!

- - - Updated - - -

Hysan owned parking lots (Lee Gardens I, Lee Gardens II and Leighton Place Carpark) can get free parking for Club Avenue members even if you didn't purchase anything. For those who are big spenders, you can actually ask to see if the sales inside one of those luxury shops (ie. Hermes, LV, Cartier..etc) can refer you to their Club Avenue membership. They don't advertise it out loud, but if you're a regular shopper, you can get them to give you a Club Avenue membership form. You'll need to spend minimum of $90,000 HKD within 3 months combined receipt to join. The receipt name have to either have the same name as your HKID, or you can ask the shop to NOT put your name down (you can ask your friends to give you their receipts but can't have their names on it). Once you have minimum $90,000 (not hard to do at Lee Garden I shops), you can fill out the referral form and hand it in at B1 Club Avenue lounge in Lee Gardens I and they'll give you a temp card till your real card arrives.

2hrs free for Lee Gardens 1+2 and 3hrs for Leighton Centre. Plus 1 extra hr on top if you have either the Lee Gardens or Club Avenue app. Just show your card and they'll give you free parking even if you didn't buy anything. Great for Tesla owners who needs to use the supercharger. Other than that, you get discounts off a lot of stores and restaurants in Hysan-affliated shops.

Thanks euniverse! I had to call Hysan to find out about this. It is good that you have posted the details here.

Fitfort car park (North Point), Hotel ICON added.

Last edited:
Thanks 3fiftynine! All added.

I think this is called "destination wall chargers", instead of superchargers which are costly for both capital and recurring, these destination chargers are easier to negotiate and cheaper to install/operate. We should be seeing more of these in popular city parking locations.

In my view this could well be better than SC (if you live on Kowloon/NT side) as HK is really a densely populated city. If these are, in due course, upgraded to 3 phases (90+km/hour) that would ease pressure on SC.

I think this is called "destination wall chargers", instead of superchargers which are costly for both capital and recurring, these destination chargers are easier to negotiate and cheaper to install/operate. We should be seeing more of these in popular city parking locations.

In my view this could well be better than SC (if you live on Kowloon/NT side) as HK is really a densely populated city. If these are, in due course, upgraded to 3 phases (90+km/hour) that would ease pressure on SC.

Agreed!

I get about 95 km/h from 3~/32A, though if you don't have dual chargers, you only get around 45 km/h.

If you are shopping/dining/watching a movie anyway, a supercharger is TOO fast: Would you have to go back and move the car before you are ready to leave? Much better with a good mix of 3~/32A amongst the superchargers, with the odd CCS/ChaDeMo here and there (pending ... the "coming soon" adapters).

For a movie/dinner combo, 3~/32A is perfect, even if you arrive empty it's enough time to fill up to 90%, and it's within the time frame of the usual free parking with spending deals

- - - Updated - - -

I think this parking should be added to the list:

Kwai Chung Estate
15 Tai Wo Hau road
Kwai Chung, NT

They have 7 charging spots, up to 3~/32A (type-2), so it fits all Model S with the included "thick blue cable". Charging spots are coned off, staff is very enthusiastic about EVs. There is even an automatic sign outside the entry saying how many chargers are currently ("ha ha") free.

Dual chargers 95 km/h (22 kW), single chargers 45 km/h (11 kW), the fastest AC charging possible for Model S.

Parking is cheap, and there is a (local style) shopping mall. Say you have an EV and they give you two hours free. Clearly one of the best charging spots on the western side of Kowloon, not too far from the service centre. Could even be a venue for a casual meet-up.

More info on Open Charge Map - The global public registry of electric vehicle charging locations , including location and other details.

Agreed!

I get about 95 km/h from 3~/32A, though if you don't have dual chargers, you only get around 45 km/h.

If you are shopping/dining/watching a movie anyway, a supercharger is TOO fast: Would you have to go back and move the car before you are ready to leave? Much better with a good mix of 3~/32A amongst the superchargers, with the odd CCS/ChaDeMo here and there (pending ... the "coming soon" adapters).

For a movie/dinner combo, 3~/32A is perfect, even if you arrive empty it's enough time to fill up to 90%, and it's within the time frame of the usual free parking with spending deals

- - - Updated - - -

I think this parking should be added to the list:

Kwai Chung Estate
15 Tai Wo Hau road
Kwai Chung, NT

They have 7 charging spots, up to 3~/32A (type-2), so it fits all Model S with the included "thick blue cable". Charging spots are coned off, staff is very enthusiastic about EVs. There is even an automatic sign outside the entry saying how many chargers are currently ("ha ha") free.

Dual chargers 95 km/h (22 kW), single chargers 45 km/h (11 kW), the fastest AC charging possible for Model S.

Parking is cheap, and there is a (local style) shopping mall. Say you have an EV and they give you two hours free. Clearly one of the best charging spots on the western side of Kowloon, not too far from the service centre. Could even be a venue for a casual meet-up.

More info on Open Charge Map - The global public registry of electric vehicle charging locations , including location and other details.

Added with Thanks!

Is this any ones?
I always park here every weekends and now I know a TMS will fit in this carpark.
Liberty Mansion Car Park

Google ¦a¹Ï

View attachment 73182

View attachment 73183

Is this your car? This is actually a car lift car park, need to reverse in when you enter and leave car park, the staff will follow you and guide you into the lift though. Sensors won't work in here at all because you'll only get STOP in all direction, and looking at the rear view camera is the only way but still very scary. Need light foot on pedal to nudge in. In the end, your car's rear will end up with about 5" and 2" in front. Parking spaces aren't big but adequate to doors to open half way.
Several Model Ss park there to my surprise, guess there is not much of a choice in that area.

IMG_2108.JPG
I drove to Ma On Shan Sunshine City yesterday and found that the parking was very comfortable for the Model S. Spaces were wide. Lanes were big. Always nervous in NT about parking but turned out great. Please add to the map. They even have 2 coned off EV parking spaces (I parked in one of them). However, when I went to charge, I was unable to as it required some kind of membership. I took a picture of it. Does anyone know who this is? Is it EV Power? Wonder their cost and how to sign up.

Is this your car? This is actually a car lift car park, need to reverse in when you enter and leave car park, the staff will follow you and guide you into the lift though. Sensors won't work in here at all because you'll only get STOP in all direction, and looking at the rear view camera is the only way but still very scary. Need light foot on pedal to nudge in. In the end, your car's rear will end up with about 5" and 2" in front. Parking spaces aren't big but adequate to doors to open half way.
Several Model Ss park there to my surprise, guess there is not much of a choice in that area.

No this is not my car
my is a BMW F10 528 which is almost same size a s a TMS
I go there every weekend to park at this car park. I did ask the staff before I saw the Tesla in the car park will it fit and he say don't know.
The parking Sensors on my BMW works great and the red and sound will get louder when it is about 5cm from the object and the cam works well too.

My advice for this car park is you need to be good at parking tight space to use it.
yes HK is a nightmare for parking big cars.

View attachment 74408I drove to Ma On Shan Sunshine City yesterday and found that the parking was very comfortable for the Model S. Spaces were wide. Lanes were big. Always nervous in NT about parking but turned out great. Please add to the map. They even have 2 coned off EV parking spaces (I parked in one of them). However, when I went to charge, I was unable to as it required some kind of membership. I took a picture of it. Does anyone know who this is? Is it EV Power? Wonder their cost and how to sign up.

AIA Tower North Point also has this kind. Need not join member, just call the phone number they give you that should bring down someone from the car park management and they'll have it activated for you. Otherwise, plug in your 13A and walk over to tell the staff in person. Valet charging.

Adding Ma On Shan Sunshine City, thanks. Is it Phase 4 car park entrance by the way and which floor are the chargers?

Last edited: