Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On our way to Italy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time noticed -34wh/miles and 17miles done with 0kwh while descending from one of those Alpine villages.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 77
  • Funny
Reactions: TechnoWatch
-34wh/miles and 17miles done with 0kwh while descending from one of those Alpine villages

Doesn't work when the battery, and air temperature, is cold IME - e.g. descend from ski resort. I've done it a few times, and not possible to get the battery warm enough to sustain regen. I expect it would be OK if there was a Supercharger at the top of the mountain, but I haven't been able to get battery warmed from 240V supply

God help us then if the AI has been “trained” by some of the idiot drivers I see on the roads!!!
That is one of the problems described. Apparently only 0.5% of US drivers stop at STOP signs so they're having to find good clips of good driving habits. The video also raises the question of whether it's reasonable to expect an AI driven car to be subject to laws that humans ignore and get away with. Totally off topic here. Maybe they should train it with Italian drivers in Rome? Back on topic of an Italy trip. :)

Reactions: bonkers
That is one of the problems described. Apparently only 0.5% of US drivers stop at STOP signs so they're having to find good clips of good driving habits. The video also raises the question of whether it's reasonable to expect an AI driven car to be subject to laws that humans ignore and get away with. Totally off topic here. Maybe they should train it with Italian drivers in Rome? Back on topic of an Italy trip. :)
Yea, thanks - no controversies and closing of the thread by the moderators. To keep this relevant to the title, here you go! Another view of Troyes SC with maison du monde at the background; Chalone- sur SC and alpine villages!

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    857.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2252.jpeg
    IMG_2252.jpeg
    783.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2253.jpeg
    IMG_2253.jpeg
    784.9 KB · Views: 41
Also I am using Ulys for the French and Italian toll roads. Works well but yet to figure out where to place the toll tag. My passenger just waves it before the toll - it is hit and miss in the first attempt but still all the toll gates open once you reach closer and wave just infront of the radar. Good to have this than paying by card as there were many toll gates en route.

As mentioned earlier I set it up with the bank - had to go to the bank and give the direct debit form and it was set up. Ulys had taken the token amount to confirm.

i like the covered chargers...why aren’t all chargers covered ?
Yes, I think we would all love that ... most fuel stations have had canopies forever ... but if you want some reasons why not ... savings of maybe £50,000 depending on site size ... could be double for large sites? Restricts future changes of use and positioning of charging hardware? Introduces additional planning issues and delays for new sites. If it means we get the sites cheaper (therefore more of them for the same money) and faster I'll live without the canopy!

Reactions: Bouba
Yes, I think we would all love that ... most fuel stations have had canopies forever ... but if you want some reasons why not ... savings of maybe £50,000 depending on site size ... could be double for large sites? Restricts future changes of use and positioning of charging hardware? Introduces additional planning issues and delays for new sites. If it means we get the sites cheaper (therefore more of them for the same money) and faster I'll live without the canopy!
Yes, I have to agree...just out of interest, is there a level of rain in which operating the charger becomes dangerous ?