Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One thing you LOVE and DISLIKE about your Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aggressive driving does reduce the range, but I’d wager hardly anyone is getting even close to the EPA range. You’d have to consume <240 Wh/mi to approach the EPA range; how many of you guys are doing that?

I can go 240 ish wh/mi on my P with 19”. But I need to be very light on the pedals and no hills or going over speed limit.

250 wh/mi is the magic number to get 300 ish miles of range.

Love the acceleration (even though I have "just" a LR AWD with no boost) and Dog/Camp modes and no gas stations.
Dislike the suspension and ride quality especially on a bumpy road and the warnings that I'm driving too close to the outside of the lane. I can cross the center line without a peep but my gosh when I get to close to the outside line, alarms, bells and whistles all over the place.

Their quality and design has improved. But as competition heats up, there are areas to further improve.

Interior plastics are a bit easy to scratch. Glad to not have piano black though. Wish they had something slightly more durable - not heavy duty, just more resistant to scratches from rings, fingernails, etc.

Different tire sizes on the Model Y Performance. Need tires with a little more sidewall or width. Lot of people are upgrading, or just swapping them out.

Front windshield scratches from factory. It seems to be a theme. Lot of people have micro-scratches.

Rear spoiler adhesive not lasting.

Can't use sentry mode while in dog mode.

Can't see inside the car from the interior camera.

No support for Discovery+/HBO Max.

Map software is phenomenal. But if Tesla could add EA, Volta, Blink, etc station data, including prices and stalls available, that would take it to the next level. If Tesla also had ability to offer plug and charge at the major EV charger brands - that would be wild.

Weather software. Why not? Give me radar, even.

No Sentry backup to cloud option. Would probably pay extra for this.

Great car though. Not disappointed. Way better experience than some other brands are providing right now.

M3 owner, but looking at buying a used MY which is why I am on this side of the forum doing research.
Like: No gas for a whole year!
Dislike: Opening the glovebox from the screen and not having a discreet way to type in your passcode. Wish I could open the app and type the passcode there and it opens the glovebox.