Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online configurator preview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So basically $490/month for a base no-optioned $35k Model 3, if financed at the 2.74% rate :eek::eek::eek:

My dream of "upgrading" to the Model 3 from our 3 year-old decently optioned Acura, which costs $380/month including gas, is slowly dying...

What would be the financing (0.9%) and lease for a 45k Model 3 (premium package + autopilot)?

So basically $490/month for a base no-optioned $35k Model 3, if financed at the 2.74% rate :eek::eek::eek:

My dream of "upgrading" to the Model 3 from our 3 year-old decently optioned Acura, which costs $380/month including gas, is slowly dying...
But only if you put the $7500 Fed Credit as a down payment, up front. Otherwise, you have to finance the full $35K and wait until you file taxes.. then refi. A lot of people forget this when trying to figure out financing.

IMG_0499.JPG
Can someone who has access to the configuration look at the premium upgrade description shown and click on the link (view all premium upgrades) that's shows the details on the pup and post the exact text of the pup features here please.

Does Tesla factor the $7500 into the lease, do they automatically take care of it?
Well, you can't lease a 3, yet. But my understanding is that for S/X, they factor in "some" of the credit, but not all (like Nissan does with the Leaf). I may be off.. but that's what I remember reading on the forum a while back. Others who have leased please chime in and correct me, if I'm wrong.

Edit: I might be wrong..

Capture.JPG

The aero wheels look decent while they're clean, but I'd imagine dirt will easily collect on the flat portions and then it'd be real ugly, especially during the rain / snow season.

The Honda Civic Hybrid wheels don't collect dirt that I notice. They are aluminum though.

I see them on Honda's all the time, I put a set on my Leaf, and I have no regrets.

Well, you can't lease a 3, yet. But my understanding is that for S/X, they factor in "some" of the credit, but not all (like Nissan does with the Leaf). I may be off.. but that's what I remember reading on the forum a while back. Others who have leased please chime in and correct me, if I'm wrong.

Edit: I might be wrong..

View attachment 238991
Tesla incorporates the credit into the lease residual value instead of applying it to the cap-cost reduction. So technically it is including the credit, but it is not as attractive as having it applied up front.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and cgiGuy
But only if you put the $7500 Fed Credit as a down payment, up front. Otherwise, you have to finance the full $35K and wait until you file taxes.. then refi. A lot of people forget this when trying to figure out financing.
Ugh, thanks for clarifying. This important detail is likely the nail in the coffin of my Tesla Model 3 dreams.

I suppose the last 15 months of anticipation were fun while they lasted.

Ugh, thanks for clarifying. This important detail is likely the nail in the coffin of my Tesla Model 3 dreams.

I suppose the last 15 months of anticipation were fun while they lasted.
Sorry..

If you time it right though and order so that you get it in December (next year?), then you can file ASAP in Feb and apply that money to the loan. Might just be a delayed dream instead of a dead one!

Reactions: tgal and kenbefound
I've seen some people mention about adjusting your tax withholding to effectively get the credit before you would have filed your taxes but don't remember how it was done. Maybe someone that knows about this can chime in.

I've seen some people mention about adjusting your tax withholding to effectively get the credit before you would have filed your taxes but don't remember how it was done. Maybe someone that knows about this can chime in.

Yeah, you can increase your allowances. Each allowance gets you [personal exemption value]x[your marginal tax bracket] back over the year. So that's $4,050x25% ~= $1,000 per allowance if you're in the 25% tax bracket. So you can increase your allowances by 7 or 8. Easiest thing to do is run the IRS Withholding Calculator in January after you've gotten a paycheck or two, and tell it you have a $7,500 credit (or whatever, you only get up to your tax liability). It will tell you what to put down.

View attachment 238989 Can someone who has access to the configuration look at the premium upgrade description shown and click on the link (view all premium upgrades) that's shows the details on the pup and post the exact text of the pup features here please.

I don't have access to the configurator, so sorry for posting without a totally definitive answer. But the first 3 bullet points shown in that screenshot are *identical* to the first 3 bullet points in the press kit. So I'd wager the whole thing is identical.

The other 4 bullet points on the press kit page are:
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones

Reactions: dragonxt