Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only get sound system sound for a brief second when mic button pushed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time Reader of this forum but first post.

I have a 2015 model s. no sound from sound system but you get a 1 second bit of what is playing if I push the mic button. Mic still works and music goes silent and allows me to give commands (nav or music etc) but no sound after. Have done power off and scroll wheel resets with no success. Its like mic is software glitch stuck as it still clicks and functions but somehow is stepping on the radio .

Anyone else see this and know how to fix? I have a service call but its 3 weeks out...

I had this very same experience a couple of weeks ago! In my case, the audio performance returned to normal after I made a phone call. After I hung up from the call, the audio resumed and has worked normally since then.
My interpretation at the time was that the system was acting as if it thought there was a phone call in progress. (That does not explain the brief one-second bursts of audio, though....)
In any case, it seems to have been an isolated event, fortunately. But it was something i had never seen before in 4-1/2 years.
And no, I had not had any recent software changes.