Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only in the "OC"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in Orange County, CA I've grown accustomed to seeing Teslas everywhere and now multiple M3s every day but yesterday was too funny not to report. Leaving the RSM Trader Joe's parking lot I pulled up to the red light next to another red M3. Okay...no big deal...but then a third red M3 pulls up directly behind me. A group of three M3s is unusual even in this area...but three RED M3s lined up at the same stop light? Too funny...wish I had time to take a pic! On an average day I see most colors (although rarely silver for some reason) but this was a first. I expect if/when the $35k finally arrives M3s will become as "common" here as BMW, Audi and Mercedes sedans...and that's saying something.

I love my red but maybe I'll wrap mine in purple just to be different.

when the 35k base comes out, it'll definitely be everywhere...
wonder if it's visually any different, like if the roof is painted, solid/non-glass? stock wheels are steelies with hubcaps? lol

Seriously. Once that base model comes out (and used Model 3s), places like the OC, Glendale/Burbank, and the Santa Monica area are gonna be flooded with Model 3s.

Reactions: Jedi2155
I have already posted this before but my funny story is coming out of Costco watching a girl pulling on my door handle and looking at her phone. Most likely she was trying to unlock with her app and wondering why her Bluetooth wouldn't unlock the car. Before I could walk up, I hear a horn honk down the next lane then she realized she had the wrong car and walked away.

This happens a few times a year with my Prius and I have done it multiple times as well. I would pull a door handle on someone else's Prius and then realize all the stuff inside their car doesn't look like mine.

Model 3 is the new Prius and once the $35,000 is out it'll be the new Camry/Corolla.

I was totally expecting this, and everyone should have as well when you saw the number of reservations that occurred on day 1. Thats another reason to go for the P :p (albeit a terrible reason to do so). If you really want to help Tesla go buy some of their stock.

Well, I saw my 1st one in the wild last week. I think it was on the same street as another sedan, but it was hard to see amongst all the trucks and SUVs. Does that count?;)

Come on Irvine! It is unacceptable that Texas (Austin) is ahead of us.
upload_2018-8-20_17-57-7.png

You know that number is actually bad for us to be on top because it basically means we drive more than everyone else :(. The best CO2 saved is the one we never emitted in the first place so be glad!

Half glass full, half glass empty.

See the positive sides that EV's are widespread in Orange County and how much we save in place of burning gas and create more CO2. ;)

And we drive more because Southern California overall has many attractions and many places to visit.