TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Only in the "OC"

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by StaceyR, Aug 20, 2018.

1. StaceyR

StaceyR Member

Living in Orange County, CA I've grown accustomed to seeing Teslas everywhere and now multiple M3s every day but yesterday was too funny not to report. Leaving the RSM Trader Joe's parking lot I pulled up to the red light next to another red M3. Okay...no big deal...but then a third red M3 pulls up directly behind me. A group of three M3s is unusual even in this area...but three RED M3s lined up at the same stop light? Too funny...wish I had time to take a pic! On an average day I see most colors (although rarely silver for some reason) but this was a first. I expect if/when the $35k finally arrives M3s will become as "common" here as BMW, Audi and Mercedes sedans...and that's saying something.

I love my red but maybe I'll wrap mine in purple just to be different.

• Funny x 10
    • Like x 6
    • Love x 2
  2. 240W

240W Member

when the 35k base comes out, it'll definitely be everywhere...
    wonder if it's visually any different, like if the roof is painted, solid/non-glass? stock wheels are steelies with hubcaps? lol

• Funny x 1
  3. gambit48

gambit48 Member

Seriously. Once that base model comes out (and used Model 3s), places like the OC, Glendale/Burbank, and the Santa Monica area are gonna be flooded with Model 3s.

• Like x 1
  4. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Definitely lots of Teslas in OC. It's not uncommon to have S3X at the intersections.

• Funny x 21
    • Love x 1
  5. woodisgood

woodisgood Member

Haha yeah my wife was parked in a row of three MSMs at work a week ago. I was chastised because hers was the dirtiest.

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 1
  6. sperkin

sperkin Member

I have already posted this before but my funny story is coming out of Costco watching a girl pulling on my door handle and looking at her phone. Most likely she was trying to unlock with her app and wondering why her Bluetooth wouldn't unlock the car. Before I could walk up, I hear a horn honk down the next lane then she realized she had the wrong car and walked away.

This happens a few times a year with my Prius and I have done it multiple times as well. I would pull a door handle on someone else's Prius and then realize all the stuff inside their car doesn't look like mine.

Model 3 is the new Prius and once the $35,000 is out it'll be the new Camry/Corolla.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
  7. woodisgood

woodisgood Member

This. I keep telling my wife to enjoy feeling special while it lasts, because the flood gates are about to open...

8. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

They already are. Around here we had a couple months of "uniqueness" with our Model 3 in January. Now I see at least three or four every time I drive around town.

• Like x 1
  9. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I can't wait until my Model 3 is as commonplace as a Camry/Corolla/Accord!

• Like x 4
  10. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Please Insert a Model 3 into Avatar

I was totally expecting this, and everyone should have as well when you saw the number of reservations that occurred on day 1. Thats another reason to go for the P :p (albeit a terrible reason to do so). If you really want to help Tesla go buy some of their stock.

11. Kermee

Kermee It's Not Easy Being Green

I see what you did there.

And... I just spit coffee all over my keyboard and screen from laughing.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

some nimrod scraped my red M3 in a OC parking lot on Saturday. Doesn't appear that the metal is dented, but quite a bid of white paint on the front fender. :mad:

13. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Well, I saw my 1st one in the wild last week. I think it was on the same street as another sedan, but it was hard to see amongst all the trucks and SUVs. Does that count?;)

14. bottomsup

bottomsup Member

I’m in OC and bought one today so +1

Oh and yeah I know what RSM means :)

15. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I think I see already more Model 3's than S & X in Irvine area. It is ubiquitous.

16. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Come on Irvine! It is unacceptable that Texas (Austin) is ahead of us.
    upload_2018-8-20_17-57-7.png

17. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Please Insert a Model 3 into Avatar

You know that number is actually bad for us to be on top because it basically means we drive more than everyone else :(. The best CO2 saved is the one we never emitted in the first place so be glad!

18. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Half glass full, half glass empty.

See the positive sides that EV's are widespread in Orange County and how much we save in place of burning gas and create more CO2. ;)

And we drive more because Southern California overall has many attractions and many places to visit.

19. StaceyR

StaceyR Member

Congrats! Welcome to the club/crowd. The more the merrier, I say. I've personalized mine enough (wheels, springs, tint) that it has a unique look so I won't have the "oops...wrong red Model 3" embarrassing moment.

Yes...Rancho Santa Margarita is quite a mouthful.

20. Kermee

Kermee It's Not Easy Being Green

While absolute lbs. of CO2 saved is a nice number, the #'s in the last column is more meaningful. Population of Austin is probably four times as much as Irvine. 152 lbs. vs. 44 lbs. of CO2 per capita is a HUGE delta in Irvine's favor.