Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only in the "OC"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because it feels the most bland and we see so much silver color everywhere nowadays (brushed aluminum etc.).

I mostly agree. Like white, silver has been beat to death in recent years. Three of my last four vehicles have been a variant of silver or grey but not always by choice, more out of availability. That was the main reason I crossed it off my color list. Personally, I love silver on the Model 3. I think it goes well with its future tech look. On the practical side it is easier to maintain (hides scratches and dirt) and reflects heat better. I'm just burnt out on silver. By itself the MSM looks bland but with dark wheels does achieve a "stealthy" look. I just wanted more "pop" on mine and the red delivers. Apparently many others near me agree!

... On an average day I see most colors (although rarely silver for some reason) but this was a first. I expect if/when the $35k finally arrives M3s will become as "common" here as BMW, Audi and Mercedes sedans...and that's saying something.

I love my red but maybe I'll wrap mine in purple just to be different.
We ordered MS for my wife. She used to work for a large insurance company. Per the actuaries back then: Silver cars get into the most accidents. Red cars get the most tickets. :)

She got the red :)

Friend had his silver Model 3 LR RWD delivered back in December 2017. I asked "Why silver?" ... And he said because it had the highest resale value. And according to KBB, he's correct:

wuEN7Zw.png

But if I'm spending this sort of monies on a luxury vehicle, I'm going to prioritize a color I want versus being worried how much more I can get for it due to its color if and when I decide to sell it.

I'm not too worried about going black. It'll be like "Gated Reverb" from the 80s... It's making a come back.

Teslas are pretty common in northern CA too. However, I just returned from a business trip to CO, OH, PA and northern MD. In 4 days, I saw a total of 4 Teslas and two of them were in the Denver area. Not a single Supercharger sighting on the 500+ miles I drove between airport hops.

Don't you boys be knocking Austin! Lot's of Tesla's 'round here.

Knowing that direct sales of Teslas are not encouraged in Texas, I thought very few people were driving Teslas until I checked the Dallas and Houston in the ranking too. And of course, to outsiders, there is a typical stereotype that Texans love gas cars in truck and big SUV's.

Despite the state legislators are discouraging the EV due to the concentration of oil companies, it is amazing that Teslas are selling well in Texas.

By itself the MSM looks bland but with dark wheels does achieve a "stealthy" look. I just wanted more "pop" on mine and the red delivers. Apparently many others near me agree!

I was debating on the 4 colors:

• Black: Its Cheap
  • MSM: Grey looks nice, but it felt dated to me because it was a popular color in the late 2000s to now.
  • Red: It has pop. I almost went Red. Extra $500, plus I felt Tesla's red didn't have enough pop. My first car was red.
  • Blue: It has pop. I've never had blue. Blue it is!
If I was to start over, I'd seriously consider black, and apply the $1000/$1500 towards a full vehicle wrap to a different color of my choice.

Teslas are pretty common in northern CA too. However, I just returned from a business trip to CO, OH, PA and northern MD. In 4 days, I saw a total of 4 Teslas and two of them were in the Denver area. Not a single Supercharger sighting on the 500+ miles I drove between airport hops.
On a recent trip to Arizona and New Mexico I think I saw 2 Teslas. My first Tesla road trip was to San Jose/Silicon Valley area in June and I was blown away by the high numbers of Model 3 already on the road. At a new trendy shopping/hotel development near Campbell there was a packed Supercharging station staffed with a valet to move cars in and out of the charging stalls. Is this a normal thing in Nor Cal?

Further north at the Napa Supercharger I crossed paths with a Tesla engineer charging an M3 with mfg plates. Said he was working on fine tuning the P3D. Lucky bastard!