Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I complete my taxes, I get a refund within 10 business days. Significantly more complicated, I'd argue?

That is assuming that there are no issues with your filing, no backlogs, and nothing changed with the CRA. There have been times when CRA changes, backlogs, etc have delayed this and the CRA has been in place since WW1 when they started collecting income taxes.

This organization is very new in comparison, has had funding pulled by the current government, has moved hands from one organization to another, has a major backlog to deal with from a surge of Model 3 deliveries, and was never really prepared for such a strong ramp up in EV/Hybrids sales. Not to mention there is a mandatory 3 month wait to make sure you did not flip/sell your car, they need to verify it is currently plated/licensed. There have been cases of people being sent a reminder to renew their sticker otherwise they can not offer a refund..

I would say it's moving along OK considering all those factors. Frustrating, Yes.

They claim our application was processed and placed on hold due to a missing bill of sale (god knows when they would have reached out to me to let me know if I hadn't inquired twice).

So the bill of sale was definitely submitted initially with the application on June 6th, and I resent it again yesterday. But maybe I have the wrong document?

For the bill of sale, is that not the signed "Mobile Vehicle Purchase Agreement" that was signed and provided by Tesla upon delivery? I'm hoping I have that right and they simply lost it.

Is anyone able to confirm what they used for the "bill of sale" as part of their application submission? Wasn't it just the "Mobile Vehicle Purchase Agreement" signed?

It sounded promising last week when several people started reporting rebates were being received. Since then however, it has gone quiet again. This is very, very frustrating.

Last week they responded to my letter saying they are too busy. To me, it sounds more like there is no enough funds in place. I mean, how long does it take to do e-transfer these days?

Were you in the 1st batch of people that received the email saying you were approved?
Yes I was in the first batch of emails on January 11, 2019. The actual cheque was dated January 17, 2019, the envelope was postmarked January 18, 2019 and was in my mailbox in Toronto today January 21, 2019. And yes it is for the full amount. Be patient it’s coming for all of you.