Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open/Close/Vent windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new model Y is at the airport and we didn’t get notified that a window is cracked open until 24hr later! Kids…

Tesla service and roadside assistance said they can’t remotely close the window. We won’t be back for a week. Anyone have suggestions?
If you have friends in the area, you can unlock it remotely and they can close them. I miss this feature quite a bit.

Must be this US law, both our model Y and S have the vent , close window on demand and close on lock options however I am in Canada so it looks like we get to keep these features for now anyway. Both cars always get the latest downloads so they are up to date.
I am in Ontario and we have 2 model 3s. One is a ‘21 and one is a ‘22

The 21 has the vent option and the 22 does not.

I just received the option to vent for the first time on my ‘22 MYP this evening. I should have taken a picture of the pop-up on the screen.
Same here. '23 MYLR on 2023.6.11. Saw the pop-up then looked on the app and the vent option is now there. I didn't have it before. I had to search these forums looking for this to confirm I'm not crazy. Thank you for confirming. Maybe the amount it opens to vent isn't big enough to be a concern for the recall.

Reactions: Kwame
Odd thing here is I thought this was a US thing where they disabled the features as both my cars never lost the features.

As mentioned it changes to close however you can also check off the box close on lock which will close all windows when you lock the doors.