Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open/Close/Vent windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I myself took delivery of my 2023 myp on March 31 and today I was greeted with an ota update with no interaction of myself or the software being updated via app.

Attachments

• IMG_8824.jpeg
    IMG_8824.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 107
Today one of my 2 - 2023 Model Y's, the one delivered December 2022, not the one delivered March 2023, had remote venting open/close window reenable on the Tesla App! I verified it works.....

Here it is on my iPad tis morning

unnamed (1).jpg

Update, My 2nd Model Y now also as the option to vent windows.

The other night, befor ethe option was enabled, my wife was at church. She got a Tesla App message that she left the window open on her car in the parking lot. She went out and verified the passenger window was open a little so sho closed it. With the ability to have windows close automatically when the car is locked it would have eliminated that issue.

I did verify that if any window is open when the car automatically locks that the windows all close. Cool!

Update, My 2nd Model Y now also as the option to vent windows.

The other night, befor ethe option was enabled, my wife was at church. She got a Tesla App message that she left the window open on her car in the parking lot. She went out and verified the passenger window was open a little so sho closed it. With the ability to have windows close automatically when the car is locked it would have eliminated that issue.

I did verify that if any window is open when the car automatically locks that the windows all close. Cool!
can you leave the windows down and have the car lock? what if u have a pet or something in there and its nice out and u just wanna lock the door so the alarm goes off if someone opens it?

The close on lock is a feature that needs to be selected if you want it. If not checked off, they will not close on lock and visa versa however with it unselected, you can still vent and close manually via the app.

All car windows need to have an automatic reverse feature when resistance is detected that prevents injuries to children. They must have been able to reduce the force via an OTA update and this is likely why the feature has returned.

use the vent function it will close them . Do it twice if you doubt that it
will work . It would be nice to be able to open them more than the .5 inches
the vent function allows. I have left no windows closed on lock so I can
leave them open for temp venting .