Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

This is how I'd like my Model S configured

• No console, keep it open

Votes: 84 14.3%
  • Somewhere for bits and bobs

Votes: 343 58.2%
  • My phone needs a home

Votes: 303 51.4%
  • Give me somewhere for the 'big-gulp'

Votes: 158 26.8%
  • Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

Votes: 110 18.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service center called and said my piano black is ready but the next appointment is a month out so I won't see it until then. Will post my review then.

Please be aware that the stitching along the top of the console is white. My VIN #16186 came with black stitching on all the seats and panels, meaning the console will not match. I don't know when Tesla switched to white stitching, but this could be a deal breaker for me. Do you have black stitching inside your car? If so, I'm eager to get your feedback. Also, whether the stitching can easily be dyed.

That's a crazy long wait...especially with Elon boasting on the last earnings call that most services happen very quickly, i.e. within a day or two.

That's for essential service, i.e., your drive unit failed or your AC isn't functioning. Installation of a console is hardly something that needs to be scheduled ASAP. If your AC died, would you appreciate being bumped for someone's console install?

That's for essential service, i.e., your drive unit failed or your AC isn't functioning. Installation of a console is hardly something that needs to be scheduled ASAP. If your AC died, would you appreciate being bumped for someone's console install?

True, but that was never qualified as part of Elon's statement. I'd also assume that fitting the center console shouldn't take long, but even with that in mind, a month seems a long time. I wonder if it's actually 'ready' as in in-hand, or that it'll be on-site in a few weeks, so booking the service call for a month out ensures that it'll actually be there.

Please be aware that the stitching along the top of the console is white. My VIN #16186 came with black stitching on all the seats and panels, meaning the console will not match. I don't know when Tesla switched to white stitching, but this could be a deal breaker for me. Do you have black stitching inside your car? If so, I'm eager to get your feedback. Also, whether the stitching can easily be dyed.

It's black for me too. I'll post pictures when I get it. I'm not too anal about it if its white but who knows until I see it.

That's a crazy long wait...especially with Elon boasting on the last earnings call that most services happen very quickly, i.e. within a day or two.

Maybe I was too picky and opted for the Fremont SC. Maybe its a popular place or options installation is a lower priority item compared to something major that's broken.

True, but that was never qualified as part of Elon's statement. I'd also assume that fitting the center console shouldn't take long, but even with that in mind, a month seems a long time. I wonder if it's actually 'ready' as in in-hand, or that it'll be on-site in a few weeks, so booking the service call for a month out ensures that it'll actually be there.
Mine (replacement for original version) has been in for 2 weeks but they have a ton of deliveries, hence the long wait.

- - - Updated - - -

It's black for me too. I'll post pictures when I get it. I'm not too anal about it if its white but who knows until I see it.

Maybe I was too picky and opted for the Fremont SC. Maybe its a popular place or options installation is a lower priority item compared to something major that's broken.
I have the original version being replaced next week) and the stitching is more grey than white. Maybe a light grey I would say. Looks great as it is intended to complement the stitching around the dash, not the seats.

I'd really like 30-60 seconds to sit in a Model S with one installed. That being said, I got my email this weekend that my wait list spot is available, and I went ahead and ordered it yesterday. If its sort of drop-in (i heard a few holes and screws needed) - can probably have them stage it right before my installation ... if I don't like it, I just won't have it installed. I'll likely have this coordinated with my 12.5k checkup ... I'm at ~ 11.8k or so in under 5 months.

Center Console solution

The consoles are going to be available in the same finishes as the car, including carbon fiber. Supposedly the other finishes should be available this spring, as per email messages sent by personnel responding from the accessory store.

Everyone is whining about no coveraged storage in a $100K car. Attached is a photo of a solution for many...and at far less than the $650 I was quoted for an OEM unit. Contact you neighborhood Tupperware sales person for details and pricing.

Seriously, it seems clear that Tesla product management simply does not believe anyone needs covered storage. Oh...and I recall that the first two S Class Mercedes I owned had no cup holders, said to be because the Benz Boys believe you should never take your hands off the steering wheel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 313
Everyone is whining about no coveraged storage in a $100K car. Attached is a photo of a solution for many...and at far less than the $650 I was quoted for an OEM unit. Contact you neighborhood Tupperware sales person for details and pricing.

Clearly you have a different thoughts than many of us on what looks appropriate in a $100K-plus car. To each his own, as they say, but I'll pass on completing my interior decor with Tupperware.