Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options you would like to see in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you do when you and your family want to go Skiing and there's no place to put your skis?

Also for those owners who live in winter climates?? How do you remove Snow and Ice from the top of the vehicle?? You won't be able to open the falcon doors?

Also for those owners who live in winter climates?? How do you remove Snow and Ice from the top of the vehicle?? You won't be able to open the falcon doors?

When the door handles extend they can break through a layer of ice, I suspect the Falcon doors will be able to do the same. I am sure the Tesla engineers have thought through that scenario.

I don't know how realistic it is, but if the air suspension could have more travel, I think that could be useful in the MX. I wholeheartedly am for USB or at least 12v adapters all around. I'd rather have those than rear-seat entertainment. Perhaps most important, however, is a fully sorted out HVAC that really works for 2nd/3rd row passengers. Miserable munchkins in the back= no bueno.

My buddy and I are two Model S owners in Colorado, and both are balloon pilots. He uses a Toyota Land Cruiser and I use a Toyota FJ as our two vehicles for our balloon trailers. We both know that it is a huge aerodynamic and range hit to tow a trailer, and understand the issues. Still a typical balloon flight morning is drive 5 miles to the launch site. The chase crew stops for coffee after we launch, they then follow us and perhaps knock on some doors to get land owner permission for us to land (5-15 miles), drive to a place to have more coffee and breakfast with crew and passengers (5-10 miles), drive back home (5 miles). That is a typical mission of 20-40 miles. A Model X rated to tow a 1,500 lb trailer would be sooooo.... cool for this!

I also own a cute little "Windrider" trimaran. Total weight on the trailer is less than 800 lb and its about 25 miles to the local res. I have some AGMs and a 24 Volt, macho trolling motor on the trimaran for getting in and out of the launch ramp. Towing this sailboat to the res with an EV, using electric power to get past the break water, and then have a wind powered day would be the ultimate.

Please, Tesla put a 2" receiver hitch option on the Model X with a greater than 1,500 lb trailer limit. It is a Utility Vehicle. :wink:

Also, I want a 100+ kW-hr option for my Model X to get a range as good as my MS 85.

Last edited:
. . . oh, and a lower price. :wink: Which is my attempt at humor and might be funnier if you read the compendia of all the stuff we want listed on the previous page. As Ocelot says, post 156 is a re-hash grouping of everything so far in the thread.

I've seen a lot of these things singled out in Model S discussions, as features that "should be on" a $100k (or $70k or whatever) automobile, and if Tesla was a company like, that made cars like old established brands, I would probably agree, BUT . . .
If the Model X is already a $100k car, I really don't want it to cost even more because it's so loaded down w things I didn't need or don't want. Mostly I'm thinking about the category we call "Driver Assist" which consists entirely of things I would call "the Driver":smile:
Seriously, this is being written by someone who doesn't even know what Adaptive Cruise Control even is!

Tesla is no doubt capable of adding most any gadgetry to the car, and Jerome and others have said there will be a lot of cool new tech on the X (hopefully some stuff we haven't even thought of :cool: !) I guess what I would like is ala carte options galore to choose from. But Really: 1) Goes Fast. 2) Looks Cool. 3) Doesn't Burn Gas. about covers it

cue Brianman "why don't you just get a Model S" is he to 10,000 yet?! ML

HI Kyle!! 'bout time you showed up! Welcome. I assume you mean so that we could make it to the first available SuperCharger? Right? Don't worry, there will be lots more. Still haven't used the 440V on the LEAF though. These days, THAT's an option on the car (the new ones) but not "an option" as in "possible" in Utah. :crying:

Indeed. He's the real deal. "Friend" of course is assuming things (sorry, inside joke) but I do know KJD was making his own EVs when Elon was in diapers. Ok, maybe Middle School? That's a range to work within.

HI Kyle!! 'bout time you showed up! Welcome. I assume you mean so that we could make it to the first available SuperCharger? Right? Don't worry, there will be lots more. Still haven't used the 440V on the LEAF though. These days, THAT's an option on the car (the new ones) but not "an option" as in "possible" in Utah. :crying:
Thanks for the warm welcome. The Model X with AWD is a dream EV for me. It may be a while before I can put my order in, but hey we all need long term goals right ?

The SuperCharger network is like icing on the cake. I check the web site almost daily to see if anything new has shown up. It is truly amazing, especially when you compare it to the slow roll out of CHAdeMO by Nissan.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no. A friend of Mike's has now arrived. Prepare for trouble.
Not to worry I only cause trouble for oil companies (not buying their products) and will try and keep it clean here.

Someone said the LEAF is the gateway drug to a Tesla addiction. Is that a sign of trouble ?

I'd like to see the middle row of seats be easily removable to provide a large contiguous open space. Sometimes fold-down seats aren't enough; not everything we want to haul is shaped like the 2001 monolith. In our case it would be to make room for a very large service dog and so she doesn't have to climb into the vehicle.

Also, anchor points in the floor to secure the large bulky items you now have room to transport.

Having driven an S for exactly one year now, here's my wish list for the Model X:

Birds eye park control
Blind spot sensors
Folding side mirrors
Adaptive cruse control
Run flat tire option
Fob-linked seat memory
Entry/exit seat position
Better navigation integration
Coat hangers
Coin holder
Rear seat cup holders
Rear seat USB power
Ride height: steering wheel controlled, faster acting for driveway approach w/GPS memory
B & C pillar ware-guards
Scuff resistant door sills
Headliner color choices
Brighter cargo space lighting
LED license plate lamps
Integrated front license plate design
OH-my-god bars (could double as coat hangers)
Heated & cooled cup holders
OEM glass tint options
Individual tire pressure display
Frunk mounted Refrigerator