Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order a Y Performance today and EDD is April ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked website to see a very short wait for a YP.
Has anyone submitted their deposit only to find the real EDD is much longer?
Is this just a ploy to get the order, or is the wait really this short?
Ordered 2/20 for a MYP Blue ext/White Int/No tow/No FSD.

While the website did show April 2022 delivery, my first EDD the day after ordering was 5/15-6/12, bumped closer to 5/1-5/29 last Friday. Hoping to still get it in April!

If it's Performance as you indicated, then YES your delivery will be faster. Not sure of April or May, but definitely a better timeline than a LR. Higher margins, more profit, and Tesla puts those in the queue first. A Long Range MY, white, no upgrades = last in the queue.
You're telling me my MYP white, with white interior doesn't move the needle enough for Tesla to hit EOF delivery? Would you put your money where your mouth is to the tune of about $13k to add the ONLY 2 other options i didn't add to see if it moves up my EDD?

If it's Performance as you indicated, then YES your delivery will be faster. Not sure of April or May, but definitely a better timeline than a LR. Higher margins, more profit, and Tesla puts those in the queue first. A Long Range MY, white, no upgrades = last in the queue.

You're telling me my MYP white, with white interior doesn't move the needle enough for Tesla to hit EOF delivery? Would you put your money where your mouth is to the tune of about $13k to add the ONLY 2 other options i didn't add to see if it moves up my EDD?
He said LRs will typically have longer wait times though. Not MYP. Having ordered several Teslas through the years. It's well known that adding more options does put you ahead on the production queue. Especially high margin options like FSD. I'd love to wager on this but EDDs are tricky. Because Tesla batches production depending on the configurations. The biggest factor being the paint color.

Depending on where they are on the cycle, your EDD can slide anywhere from one to several weeks. To summarize, your config does affect your EDD with a little bit of luck mixed in (current production cycle). You might get really lucky if someone with the exact config cancels their order/financing falls through and immediately get assigned that VIN.