Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Before 12/31, Opt for Delivery Before 3/31, TESLA Delay Pushes Delivery After 3/31 - Free SC?

Tesla (not customer) Delay Postpones Delivery past 3/31 - Still Free Access to SCs?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings All,

Title says it all here - placed my order this past Sunday for a S60D, planning on confirming it this coming Saturday, opted for a late January/early February delivery date. Did this in part to take advantage of the Free Supercharging before it goes away.

Question for the pros here: should Tesla need to delay the car for [ reasons ], and as a result of a Tesla delay the delivery date is involuntary pushed back to after 3/31/2017, how will that impact (if at all) the free access to the superchargers?

Obviously if I delay delivery voluntary on my side I would expect them to stand by the orgional T&Cs requring delivery occur by 3/31 and therefore would not expect free access to the superchargers.

On the other hand should Tesla delay delivery, and as a result of their delay, delivery fall after 3/31 I would not expect to be penalized.

Any wisdom from the wise on how Tesla would handle this situation? Thanks!

No one but Tesla can answer this for you. I would suggest calling your Owner Advisor to be sure. However, I very much doubt you would see that much delay. They've been working at a very fast clip on production lately and your Jan-Feb estimate is likely to be very conservative. Mine moved back and forth a few times, until it settled on the more optimistic side of things (late Nov). So, the good news is that they under-promise and over-deliver.

Once the car gets confirmed and gets a VIN, call your OA to get a status update. They should be able to get some insight as to when the car is slotted to go to production and when that means it will likely be delivered.

I'm concerned about this also. I ordered on 11/17 trying to beat that 12/31 deadline. Delayed and changed mind and now scheduled for 3/1 delivery or sooner. Worried I won't qualify for SC. My DS assures ,etc I'm fine. Order says it's fine but still I'm praying I get it before then. Heard it's impossible.