Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order change, subject to fee now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sure. I assume that's why they added the inventory models to their Web site -- so if you get too crazy waiting, you can pick one of those for closer-to-instant gratification.

And, for what it's worth, I ordered, got a VIN assigned in a day or two, and then changed my order. There was no fee. (Though, I did change to the next model up, so perhaps that's fee enough :)

Reactions: xtcEV
If you want to make a change that might cause a fee, you always have the option to cancel the order without any penalty. Then you can make a new order with the options you want. Of course your delivery date gets reset with a new order, but if you were about to make a significant change then that might have happened anyways.

Just be aware that it'll be a few weeks before you get your deposit or any other payments you may have made towards the first order returned, due to the slowness of their refund department.

If you want to make a change that might cause a fee, you always have the option to cancel the order without any penalty. Then you can make a new order with the options you want. Of course your delivery date gets reset with a new order, but if you were about to make a significant change then that might have happened anyways.

Just be aware that it'll be a few weeks before you get your deposit or any other payments you may have made towards the first order returned, due to the slowness of their refund department.

deposits still fully refundable after VIN?

I originally had an MR on order. I rejected delivery of it due to defects and placed a new order for an LR RWD online. They could not transfer my deposit to the new order so I had to give them another $2,500 on my credit card. Initially they said they would send me a refund via check for my first $2,500 deposit. I told them I’d rather not, bluntly, because I’ve heard how long it takes Tesla to cut a check. They then offered to issue a credit to my credit card and the refund did show up about three days later.

what happens t
I originally had an MR on order. I rejected delivery of it due to defects and placed a new order for an LR RWD online. They could not transfer my deposit to the new order so I had to give them another $2,500 on my credit card. Initially they said they would send me a refund via check for my first $2,500 deposit. I told them I’d rather not, bluntly, because I’ve heard how long it takes Tesla to cut a check. They then offered to issue a credit to my credit card and the refund did show up about three days later.

Funny I would prefer a refund via check (free points!) but they said no CC. Funny how Tesla is so whimsical. I also have a MR on order that I will be cancelling for a SR...

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
what happens t

Funny I would prefer a refund via check (free points!) but they said no CC. Funny how Tesla is so whimsical. I also have a MR on order that I will be cancelling for a SR...

If it was any other company, I would have taken the check and collected the extra credit card points. But when Tesla owes you money, you are going to have to chase them hard before they hand it over to you. It wasn’t worth the hassle to me.