Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Changed to 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look what I'm doing: Supercharging at Woodburn SC location, just south of Portland!

View attachment 83473
Any of you visitors from the mainland may think we're crazy to get amped up over a supercharger session, but most of us Hawaii Tesla owners have never experienced such a flow of rapid and free electricity into our cars.

On to California for tomorrow's Tesla Annual Meeting. The road trip doesn't begin until Iceman is here. Doing provisioning runs for a few days.

Very nice!!! I'm jealous

papafox, very cool. That is a recognized first for any of us HTO's. Wow. Do you feel souped up now?

Are you going to make the shareholder's meeting?

When does the trip blog start, sir?
i just pulled into the EUGENE sc station, talked story w another MODEL S owner for 15 mins or so and my mileage jumped from 130 to 190 in that time and message says it is time to coninue so ZZZZOOOOMM!

Wow! That's quick. What are you getting on a full charge? I got 241 miles. Noticed the 70D seems to eat more energy than our 40s.

Haven't tried a full charge yet, but will let you know. How's this for a quick charge? Some superchargers will do nearly 300mi/hr., I am told. Check out the amps and volts, hehe.

Just walked across the street to order a smoothty and I had 90 miles in it just that fast. By the time this message is sent, my 10 minute wait will be over and I will be on my way. I can't imagine a family with both an ICE car and a Tesla taking the ICE on a long trip. This is so muich better.

65mph? Well, I did mostly 69mph on these winding mountain roads. It holds like a trooper.

grantspass.JPG

So far my reaction to mainland driving with supercharger in a Model S: too fun!

When is Iceman to arrive?

Plan is for me to return to Hawaii for a week or so, assist the people with the solar plane that's inbound, and then Iceman and I leave together for the West Coast.

Today I am at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View as your Hawaii correspondent to the Tesla shareholder's meeting.
MV1a.JPG

I drove through Palo Alto to get here and the Model S cars on the streets are thick as Camrys.

MV2.jpg

Here's the doorway where people will line up to get a good seat at the presentation. Guess who's gonna be sitting up front?

I walked across the street to the Starbucks and there were half a dozen people furiously writing code on their laptops. Yep, this is Silicon Valley!
Ooops, line is forming, gotta get a front row seat.

Today I am at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View as your Hawaii correspondent to the Tesla shareholder's meeting.
View attachment 83576
I went to the computer museum my last time there. did you catch the Babbage difference engine demo? lots to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Papafox, can't wait to hear about the meeting!

Next month for TMC Connect, take a pic with the Hawaii group at the Factory supercharger charging!

What's a supercharger?:confused:

I see Papafox in the webcast. Sitting up front in a blue shirt. Gotcha !!!

I was sitting in row 2 behind the board members it turns out, and it was grand. I felt like a movie fan sitting behind the legends of the screen... these people are rock stars in my book.

comphistcars.jpg

As meeting time approached, the parking lot filled with Model S cars. Yes, it was nirvana.

jurvetson.jpg

Here's the first Model S ever delivered, this one to venture capitalist Steve Jurvetson, who attended today's meeting

comphistchargers.jpg

Today marked the opening of Tesla's newest supercharger location, at the Computer History Museum itself. Naturally, Papafox took advantage of the situation. TMC members Eldest Oyster and Benemac, among others, are pictured here. The Tesla enthusiasts I met today were delightful to meet, without exception.

Well, it's back on the road... heading to Nevada tonight with a Tesla grin

dsmith, it is one of those things you only see on the map on the Tesla website that we don't see in Hawaii. One of those pipe dreams for Hawaii.:mad:
but what is it:confused:I've heard people talking about them but don't understand. pipe dream:confused: some sort of undersea looped tube system that transports people from point a to point b at a hyper-speed? kind of a hyper-loop?:rolleyes:

but what is it:confused:I've heard people talking about them but don't understand. pipe dream:confused: some sort of undersea looped tube system that transports people from point a to point b at a hyper-speed? kind of a hyper-loop?:rolleyes:

Let me explain a supercharger. It is a cable you attach to your Tesla and suddenly the car is filled with so dang-much energy it whisks you to incredible places. Case in point, I attached one of these cables in Truckee, CA., and almost immediately found myself near the top of Donner Summit in the rock climbing district, roaring up the winding roads like they were kid's stuff. A Tesla grin almost always ensues on the driver's face. Photo for your enjoyment.

Donner1500.jpg

Last edited: