Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone contacted Tesla to see if they would let you put your order back on hold? Just curious about what they are saying these days.
I just received a text from my SA regarding the cancellation date. I was surprised he actually messaged me! He never did before.

He said placing the order on hold again would get flagged by Tesla and a cancellation order will likely happen.

Reactions: voxel and Firocity
I just received a text from my SA regarding the cancellation date. I was surprised he actually messaged me! He never did before.

He said placing the order on hold again would get flagged by Tesla and a cancellation order will likely happen.
I was able to place mine on hold after getting a cancellation letter in late December but once I got a VIN in December was able to put it back on hold. SA tried to tell me I couldn’t but I pushed back and said the order agreement said I had to be able to accept a VIN within 90 days of my previous VIN. So who knows if it is worth the risk since I am $8k lower than today’s price.

OD: 6 Nov, MYP Grey 5-seat no tow
BBB Hold: Mid Nov (3 Jan)
Hold Removed: 20 Dec
Vin assigned: 20 Dec
Delivery: 21-25 Dec
Vin released, rehold: 20 Dec (3 Jan)
Hold auto-removed 30 Dec
30 Dec - 2 Jan: TBD EDD
3 Jan: EDD 5 March - 31 March
7 Jan: EDD 28 Jan - 25 Feb

Hold auto-removed 30 Dec
23 Jan: EDD 5 Feb - 16 Feb

Update as of this morning. SA had told me the MYP batches were scheduled for mid feb and would be Fremont, that Austin would only be in the "hundreds per week" and they dont expect to see any Austin vehicles until well into Q2 or beyond.

Similar experience. I ordered 9/15 and requested to put on hold in early Jan. They told me I could but it will come off hold Jan 13th due to their new policy.

New policy allows a 120 day hold from time of order. That might fit your situation.

This explains why my order was forced to be unheld. I had a 6 month hold starting 10/18 and suddenly last week I was told to unhold or have my order canceled. Original order date was 8/29.

I’m picking up the MYLR on Feb 2nd but not entirely happy about it.

This explains why my order was forced to be unheld. I had a 6 month hold starting 10/18 and suddenly last week I was told to unhold or have my order canceled. Original order date was 8/29. I’m picking up the MYLR on Feb 2nd but not entirely happy about it.
Yup that’s exactly it unfortunately. The person I talked to earlier this month said their hold policy changed due to all of the end of the year holds.

Since my OD date was 9/15 the max I could place on hold was 1/13. That would be 120 days from my OD (give or take some days).

My order automatically came off hold, EDD was blank for a few days, and then went to March 1 - 29th. Currently Feb 3 - March 3.

If I could lock-in a March delivery I’d be 100% happy.

Reactions: JP0430 and voxel
Yup that’s exactly it unfortunately. The person I talked to earlier this month said their hold policy changed due to all of the end of the year holds.

Since my OD date was 9/15 the max I could place on hold was 1/13. That would be 120 days from my OD (give or take some days).

My order automatically came off hold, EDD was blank for a few days, and then went to March 1 - 29th. Currently Feb 3 - March 3.

If I could lock-in a March delivery I’d be 100% happy.

I was hoping for March or later delivery but within days of unholding I got a VIN. Like you I had blank EDD then Feb 2nd to March 2nd… well my delivery is Feb 2nd so it’s accurate lol.

Reactions: MYeGolf
I decided not worth trying to hold again (never got a cancellation letter). Getting the new chip, and I hope the better 12V battery is good enough for me. Matrix headlights would be nice bonus but not worth the risk. And who knows when the really fancy new battery is coming out...

When do you get to pick up your car?! Im from Ohio and still holding steady with EDD 3/8-3/31. Just curious as to how long from rcving VIN until delivery! Congrats BTW 😊

Hold auto-removed 30 Dec
24 Jan: EDD 7 Feb - 11 Feb
24 Jan: VIN NF368

Last edited:
Reactions: Juanpa and Spam2Yam
Hold auto-removed 30 Dec
24 Jan: EDD 7 Feb - 11 Feb
24 Jan: VIN NF368

Need a DCU referral code
DM me

Quick Update:

OD: 07/19/21, MYLR Blue/White, 5 Seat, 19", no tow
Vin Assigned: 10/16
Hold: 10/16 (12/31) Didn't know about BBB yet.
Auto Hold-removed: 12/25-27
EDD: TBD
Rehold: 12/29 (no date)
Cancelation Email: 1/19 Need to click "I'm ready" before 1/27
EDD: 2/20 - 3/20

I accepted I'm ready last night 1/26 after the earning call. This morning I woke up to an EDD of 2/20-3-20. Hopefully delivery is around March, but I think people will now hold for the 4860 cells. I just want the Ryzen chipset and heated wiper park (that might be a long shot).

Reactions: BTVev and voxel