TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Order now and get a Delivery in May????

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by vangogh, Apr 14, 2016.

1. vangogh

vangogh Member

On the Model X design studio...It shows orders taken now for a P90D will be delivered in May...
    If Tesla produces 750 X's a week, and assuming a late may delivery, there are only about 7 weeks of
    backlog or 7*750 cars being delivered...or 5300 cars...

I thought the orders before the design studio opened were well over 5300 cars...
    Something does not seem to add up unless alot of people canceled their orders or the May being refered to is 2017 or 2018...

Any input?

2. deonb

deonb Active Member

They always deliver premium cars ahead in the queue. So if you wait 7 weeks for a P90D, it means they have 7 weeks of P90D orders - not 7 weeks of X's.

3. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

I think you might be right. Likely plenty of unconfirmed or cancelled orders. I think with X's soon to be in stores as well as available for test drives for the masses there will be more orders coming. But, the X has very big shoes to fill for it to gain as much traction as its older brother has. We know they recalled 2700 cars recently and several hundred more have likely been delivered since the recall date. Say around 3000 built so far and another 2-3000 more to go as indicated by vins as high as 5800.
    So yeah you might be right that the orders never materials as TM had hoped.

4. vangogh

vangogh Member

And the quoted delivery time for the 70D is June...Still only 3000 cars (at 750 a week) Still much less than the 10's of Thousands of X's that deposits were received for...

5. Dimitar Atanasov

Don't forget that tesla has not started international deliveries. Also the 750/wk production rate is as of mid/late March and is an average. I assume they are cranking them up in a rate of 1000/wk

6. Robbo

Robbo Member

I think the delivery dates in the design studio are BS. I configured my 90D X back in January and just got a VIN with an estimated delivery date of late May-June. I highly doubt brand new 90D orders will see May deliveries.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Oloron did a great "back of napkin" analysis in the "Model X April Deliveries" thread of this seeming conundrum that explains it well...

8. Colby Boles

Colby Boles Member

That hasn't been the case at all for the Model X thus far. There are numerous P90Ds ordered in Dec/Jan that are still not delivered while at the same time there are examples of 90Ds ordered in later months that have already been delivered.

9. Scrith

Scrith Member

I ordered in early January and am still hoping for a factory delivery before May, but it is looking less and less likely with each passing day.