Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Process for FSD Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As expected, despite what the sales guy "promised", I didn't get any credits. I just got the loyalty $500 credit. Oh well, better than nothing
Yeah little disappointed. I really like the 10000 credit as I can get acceleration boost with it, which is worth the value IMO.

The only way to get the credit is to refer a new user to Tesla. It doesn't work if the people you referred already own a Tesla product.

Disappointed that they are not giving the credits. I specifically asked what the incentives were before ordering. and got the reply below. I'll still make some effort to get them to honor it, but don't have much hope of succss.

SmartSelect_20230808_105015_Messages.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: GoodManFrank
Disappointed that they are not giving the credits. I specifically asked what the incentives were before ordering. and got the reply below. I'll still make some effort to get them to honor it, but don't have much hope of succss.

View attachment 963242
Seems like sales are deliberately lying to make you believe you'll receive the credits. Same thing happened to me. But I have no text evidence like you.

Are any of you concerned that HW4 Model Y will have inferior FSD capabilities (or none at all) and parking capabilities due to lack of Radar/USS/Front bumper camera?
FSD beta does not use Radar/USS, so I think it's not an issue at all. Non of the current Teslas have bumper camera so HW4 can't make it worse.

As for parking capabilities, the vision park assist is indeed trash right now. But I had another car without USS at all so its fine for me. I just ignore the park assist.

Reactions: jbrady3324
My experience is similar to everyone here, frustrating.

My SA emailed me after I placed an order online, and congrats me on the purchase, I mention to him about the FSD transfer, and he reply back saying he'll get the paperwork to me that same day.

And after that, never replied to my email and return my voice message I left. Being in the Bay Area, everything was happening very quickly.

I order on 8/1, got my VIN on 8/3, and ask me to schedule delivery on 8/4.

When I try to delay not scheduling the delivery date on the app, Tesla called and say I'll lose my VIN if I don't schedule delivery.

Fed up and somewhat anxious, I schedule delivery for yesterday (8/7), and in the notes section, I mentioned FSD transfer paperwork not complete, DO NOT deliver the car to my house. I will not accept delivery. 😅

As it got close to the weekend, I end up making a visit to the Santana Row Tesla store, and someone there got me the FSD transfer PDF right away, I sign it and email it back to him, and he opened a case for me. Everything is very manual on their end.

I was checking the invoice and nothing has been updated, so I went back to the same store again on Sunday, told the person I have a schedule delivery date tomorrow, and they fire off an email to the team/person handling these request. 30 minutes later, the person at the store text me and say paperwork has been done.

Lesson for others in similar situation, visit your local Tesla store (if possible), and talk to a real person. I suppose they can't ignore you if you're standing right in front of them.

Now they deliver the car to my driveway yesterday, but they haven't withdraw the money from my bank yet. Can I take the money back and leave the country? Darn technology, Tesla can track my car anywhere.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Now they deliver the car to my driveway yesterday, but they haven't withdraw the money from my bank yet. Can I take the money back and leave the country? Darn technology, Tesla can track my car anywhere.
You can, but I guess the vehicle will remain owned by Tesla until they file the paperwork with the DMV, which they will only do once they get paid.

Reactions: YisSerL
Are any of you concerned that HW4 Model Y will have inferior FSD capabilities (or none at all) and parking capabilities due to lack of Radar/USS/Front bumper camera?
No. FSD on my 2019 Model 3 was worthless and basic cruise control with the phantom braking was worse than our F-150. I chalked my early small investment into FSD as a sunk cost and really only saw the FSD transfer credit as a way to get EAP, the only thing I would have paid for, for free. If FSD turns out anything marginally better than useless it’ll be icing on the cake.

I have delivery of our 7seater MYLR scheduled for the evening of 8/12. I did the FSD paperwork on 8/5 and my sales rep said he uploaded it to my case. I’ve accepted Tesla’s offer on my 2018 M3LRRWD. I have a pending loan approval in the Tesla app but it’s showing the values with the $15000 FSD add-on so I haven’t accepted it for that reason. However, with the trade-in value of the paid off M3 it’s showing that Tesla owes ME a little over $2000 on delivery and so my final payment is already completed in the delivery steps. I don’t want to accept anything from Tesla and just want the entire value of my trade-in applied as down on the MY but I don’t want to modify the loan values and end up screwing myself over. Just getting a little anxious even though I have about 92 hours until delivery. Hopefully I don’t have to be calling them constantly. But I’m going to follow up tomorrow and see if they can expedite. As of an hour ago, FSD is still active on the M3.