Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 11/8, got assigned 56xxx VIN, concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for AWD LR on 11/8 and was assigned a VIN the next day with scheduled delivery for two weeks out. The VIN number looks suspiciously low though at 56xxx, do these number actually relate to manufacturing date or am I being too paranoid? Anyway I can check what the actual manufacture date of the vehicle is?

I have a VIN 55000 car built in July and it was pretty much perfect. Just a small paint defect along the wheel well that they fixed and curb rash related to transport which they also fixed. I wouldn’t worry about the VIN at this point.

Reactions: MXWing
I ordered awd msm white seats 10/4 and took delivery 10/29. It had a build date of oct-2018 and a 56xxx Vin.

It's great! Paint is great. Panel gaps are very good. One gap at the trunk could be better but it's not even worth the fuss. No rattles. 500 miles in and still in love!

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
I ordered white AWD (non-performance) LR + EAP with white interior and aero wheels in Bay Area. Tesla actually just got back to me and said the vehicle was manufactured in early August, which seems to me to be right on the edge of being "ok" and too old. It'll have been sitting around for almost a third of a year by the time I take delivery, thoughts?

I ordered white AWD (non-performance) LR + EAP with white interior and aero wheels in Bay Area. Tesla actually just got back to me and said the vehicle was manufactured in early August, which seems to me to be right on the edge of being "ok" and too old. It'll have been sitting around for almost a third of a year by the time I take delivery, thoughts?
You'll be fine. ICE cars regularly sit for months in dealership parking lots and no one blinks twice - why would this be much different? The battery doesn't degrade from sitting there unless they let it run down to zero or had it sitting at 100% for a lengthy period of time - I don't see Tesla doing either of those things.

You'll be fine. ICE cars regularly sit for months in dealership parking lots and no one blinks twice - why would this be much different? The battery doesn't degrade from sitting there unless they let it run down to zero or had it sitting at 100% for a lengthy period of time - I don't see Tesla doing either of those things.
Exactly, I got an EV last year which had carpool lane stickers issued to it in August…I bought it on December 31. People seem to have forgotten how regular cars are sold…

On my 2016 model X, I was clueless about VINs
On my 2018 model 3, I was obsessed with the VIN. I found out day of delivery that my car had just been freshly manufactured, and it was near flawless during delivery. It has 3 paint swirls (very hard to see) that my ceramic coating guy removed, it had one misaligned taillight plastic, and one deep 2 inch scratch on the rear bumper that inexplicably they did not catch but ended up being a non issue. It had no bad panel gaps and no matter what checklist and special LED lights I used, I could not find anything wrong with it.