Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model X today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have mine. Collecting the weekend before you....

Coming to think of it, its actually been pretty reasonable....I calculate c.50 days from when car was produced, and c.55 days from when it entered production.....given previous estimates of 63 days on average for the commute (after its been produced), I guess its OK!

H
Hi, just picked up my MX 100D last week. Exceeds expectations. Build quality seems better than what you would think from reading the forums, I think they have improved it a lot recently (DS told me they shut down X production for a month earlier this year to sort it out).

Just went and mesured my Type 2 cable, it's 7.0 metres long.

Enjoy!
Hello anode
I will be ordering mine soon
Can you confirm if yours has an active or fixe spoiler
Thanks

@NAALSET have you collected now?
How was the collection experience? Which SC did you pick up at?

(Sorry for all the questions. Struggling to contain my excitement before Tuesday!)
Yes...

Experience was excellent....Dartford.

Don’t remember if you got PUP. Make sure if you did not, you get the turning lights....or get that registered.

Having issue with DAB radio....can’t search signals. Otherwise really enjoying it!

@CotswoldS3X — so.....how is it?
I'm glad you asked! I've been meaning to write up my delivery experience but haven't had the chance as have been playing!

tl:dr

We collected from the Bristol SC this morning at 10am. We arrived early, about 20 to, and were shown to a well-appointed waiting area and offered drinks, biscuits etc. There were relevant magazines to read (car mags, tech mags etc) and a TV on the wall showing the news.

About 5 minutes before our appointed time we were greeted by Tom who took us into an office which bore my name on a plinth outside. We chatted for a while about general stuff (my wife is 39 weeks pregnant so we went through the usual "when's it due, do you know what you're having etc...") and about why I wanted a Tesla and what had driven me to buy one. We talked about the ordering process and the wait. Whilst we were chatting Tom was preparing the finance documents and he asked me to check them over (all fine) and then I digitally signed the documents on his iMac.

Tom brought us the key box which immediately reminded me of when I asked my wife to marry me (looks like an engagement ring box) and Tom joked "do you take this Model X..." to which we all had a laugh. Then it was time to go see the car!

Bristol doesn't have a delivery bay like other SC's (for which Tom had already apologised) so the car is parked under a Tesla gazeebo whilst your upstairs signing the paperwork. We walked back out the front door and there she was - my very own Model X! The frunk was open and in it was a huge bouquet of flowers and a (pre-emptive) New Baby card which I thought was a really lovely touch!
I walked around the car trying to look for issues but was actually just in awe (ridiculous as it's not like it's the first time I've seen/been in/driven one - but this one is MINE). It was actually my wife who first spotted the first of several minor paint imperfections. There was a scuff on the lower part of the driver's door and a couple of light scratches on the bonnet. There was also a blob of clear coat on the bonnet. The offside FWD looks to be aligned at the handles, but the silver trim at the top of the window is half an inch out. Inside the car, there was a scuff on the top of the sliding panel in the centre console.
There was no phone Quick Connect kit in the car and we were told that we had ordered after this was removed as standard in the PUP; I was pretty annoyed about this, but then lo and behold, they brought me the box and fitted the iPhone cable there and then without me really having to even ask! Great service!
Tom was really patient with us and logged each of our issues on an iPad and took pictures of each. He left us to carry on looking around the car and popped to speak to the service team and one of the guys came to have a look and agreed he could sort a couple of the paint issues there and then. It was agreed that any issue that couldn't be resolved, the Service Team would book us in for a convenient time to return.

Tom didn't give us the full instruction chat; he knew already that we've driven the cars before and I have read the manual cover to cover multiple times so he pointed out a couple of useful points and checked that we had the latest software, but otherwise left us to play saying "I won't try to teach you to suck eggs..." We actually really appreciated that!

We went back upstairs and had a cuppa and talked more with Tom about the development of Tesla and the future of electric cars. He (as with most of the staff it seems) has a reservation for a Model 3 and we were talking about that and how it is working for the company (he seems to really like it!)

About 10 minutes passed and the service guy brought our key back and has told us he'd done what he could and the other bits would be sorted when the car was booked back in. And that was it, we were free to go with a note that it might take up to 24 hours for the app to start working.

We drove to Cribbs Causeway for lunch (where I obsessively checked the app... it was working before we left!) and then headed home. Tom had told us that AP could take as much as 100 miles to calibrate but we had TACC available after 20 and AS available after 50. Once available both worked flawlessly.

Got home and have spent the afternoon taking pictures, playing with summon, fitting car seats etc. All in all, an excellent day!

Special thanks to James at Cribbs, Connor at Delivery, Tom and the team at Bristol SC.

Congrats on the X and in advance for the baby!

Sounds like you are busy enjoying the X. Am on my way to Central London on weekend. Will try DAB there. Maybe it’s the location of where I am -and remained fairly local.

Anyway, still working through with SC on the turning lights....

Reactions: CotswoldS3X
I obsessively checked the app... it was working before we left!)

Congratulations! Always seems daft to me that Punter can find delivery flaws which Tesla staff did not spot ... notwithstanding that they will fix them for you.

You might want to have a go with one of the online logging APPs like TeslaFi or TeslaLog (logging is not retrospective). I think if you get an introduction from an existing TeslaFi user the length of trial doubles, so if of interest drop me, or any other user, a PM and I'll check that out.

At the risk of doing the Suck Eggs thing you may want to check out the Trip Planners too: ABetterRoutePlanner.com and evtripplanner.com.

Is the Remote-S phone APP still available? I like that, in preference to Tesla's own, but I think there was some issue and Apple has discontinued all those types of APPs (for new users only)

lastly you may want to sign up with some charging APPs, for those occasions when "pathetic-charge" !! is your best option. I have two, Polar Instant and Charge-Your-Car (CYC) but it probably depends on where abouts in the country you are likely to charge. Either way, both of those particular APPs worked for me by just downloading / installing them on my Phone and not adding any money, per se. The first time I charged at Polar I added some money, but CYC they let me charge just by registering a credit card, and a monthly debit followed. I also have the EcoTricity APP installed, but not had to use that as yet. If you are going to use those chargers a lot you may want to get (buy) the RFID dongle, which saves some time figuring out which charging stall you are connected to with the APP (in case that sounds daft in Bristol there were two chargers side by side with NO identifying marks pot luck choosing the right one ... and in York there were three chargers side by side but the APP had then all half a mile apart in different directions ...)

Congratulations! Always seems daft to me that Punter can find delivery flaws which Tesla staff did not spot ... notwithstanding that they will fix them for you.

I guess it comes down to the time they actually spend on PDI and what they actually do check. This is an area where Tesla appear to be weak and could certainly improve, but then I've seen examples of poor PDI from all sorts of other dealers. In the end it's a fine balance between actually delivering the car on time or causing delays due to relatively minor issues. I don't expect my car to be 100% perfect in every minute detail on delivery. But obviously I don't want to discover major issues either.

Congrats on receiving your cars too! I'm looking forward to receiving my X in Feb.

Congratulations!
Thanks!

You might want to have a go with one of the online logging APPs like TeslaFi or TeslaLog (logging is not retrospective).
If I'm completely honest, I can't see the point. What's the actual benefit?

check out the Trip Planners too: ABetterRoutePlanner.com and evtripplanner.com.
Done!

Done!

I can't see the point. What's the actual benefit?

Well there's the whole Boy's Toys thing ...

... I do use it to check When / Where I went, and some stuff for Business mileage (which I could also usually get from my Calendar - Visited X, Mileage to X same as previous)

I am trialling the TeslaFi Scheduling for "If car is at home and plugged in turn on Climate 30 minutes before normal departure time" ditto for "If at work and shortly before normal leaving time". I think that's a bit more advanced that Smart Conditioning within the car does.

Marginal benefit though, probably.

But there's a trial available if you want to try it ... data is not available retrospectively, so if you wanted it for, for example, long terms stats / battery degradation then best to do it when the car is New/Young. Of course you could charge to 100% and write the figure in a Filofax :rolleyes: every 6 months instead

In case you didn't see the thread I posted some pretty pictures here:

• Informative