Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Performance Model X a week ago...now what

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I ordered a fully dressed MX.

Performance, Full Self Driving, 6 Seater, black/carbon fiber, 22" yada yada yada.
That was a week ago Saturday. At this point, no additional contact from Tesla...I can see a list of 'completed' tasks and that they are 'drafting up the contract'.

Is that really it? At this point, do I just wait for some email about a VIN, or some advisor to call, etc.? I have the financing lined up at 3.11% from my choice of BOFA or USAA, but require the all-in cost/contract before finalizing that piece.

I just would have expected some contact by now, if even just an acknowledgement.

Don't expect to hear much until the car is ready. Mine took 12-13 weeks. VIN showed up on my order page after about 6 weeks. First phone contacted was about 4 weeks before delivery to go over financing. They called with firm delivery date 2 weeks before delivery. Expect delivery to be rushed.

Don't expect to hear much until the car is ready. Mine took 12-13 weeks. VIN showed up on my order page after about 6 weeks. First phone contacted was about 4 weeks before delivery to go over financing. They called with firm delivery date 2 weeks before delivery. Expect delivery to be rushed.

What did the design studio provide as your estimate though. Mine said two weeks, I am exciting that to be a little generous though.

Don't worry. You will hear update after a vehicle is assigned to you. Anyway, you won't get VIN before that. Just be patient.

Thanks.I suspected they'd only call once they had one assigned or were ready to schedule delivery. I did cash and they bid that if only see the reservation number until a VIN was assigned and not to exit contact before then.

There is one locally that has everything minus the carbon fiber, but at 125k I prefer to get exactly what I want over a speedier delivery.

Thanks.I suspected they'd only call once they had one assigned or were ready to schedule delivery. I did cash and they bid that if only see the reservation number until a VIN was assigned and not to exit contact before then.

There is one locally that has everything minus the carbon fiber, but at 125k I prefer to get exactly what I want over a speedier delivery.
Wow.. Auto correct butchered that.

What did the design studio provide as your estimate though. Mine said two weeks, I am exciting that to be a little generous though.

I ordered mine in a showroom, so in Feb 2018. They told me 3 months+ and were correct. I had just missed the build window for US cars and the factory was going to focus on the Europe before coming back to batches of US bound cars.

So my brother placed his order Sept 16. About 2 days after the order, they called him trying to find a inventory match. They couldn't find one. After that the contact went radio silence. No return calls or emails.

So how long does it take to get a VIN nowadays? Brother ordered an X with White/Cream/7 seater. He's basically been asking is it ready yet?