Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Plaid before inevitable? price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking about ordering a plaid and a non-plaid X before the earnings call this coming week. What I really want is a 500 mile range X in about a year or so.
Why do you think Tesla would release 500 mile range X? They canceled S, no way they would develop X.

They won't do it until they have enough battery supply in 4680 format. That won't happen in at least 3 years. They just don't have enough batteries for CT and Semi.

Why do you think Tesla would release 500 mile range X? They canceled S, no way they would develop X.

They won't do it until they have enough battery supply in 4680 format. That won't happen in at least 3 years. They just don't have enough batteries for CT and Semi.
Wishful thinking. I’d be ok with 2 years from now, but the back log isn’t quite that bad.

With the price increases on the S & X LR, and the previous price increase on the S Plaid, it seems like there is a high chance the X Plaid could see an increase, when deliveries start. Had been contemplating for a bit, but finally bit it.

The 20K difference between Plaid and LR on the X is the lowest its been. Ordered today : Solid black, White interior, 7 seat, ugly wheels.
What estimated delivery date did they quote you? I'm seeing July!

Plaid has some issue preventing Tesla from making them. That's why no $$ increase (despite ALL other models having significant increases over the past 12 months including LR X).

I'm sure it will get a $10k+ hike once they get it in production.

Then again, maybe X plaid demand isn't so high and has been eroded by S plaid availability coupled with lengthy X plaid delays (uncertain timeframe to build).

I mean, because people are willing to pay it? To have the quickest production car, I guess.

It may also be a factor that they’re not building the X Plaid yet; tougher to get people to pony up for it until there’s more evidence that it’s really happening.

With the price increases on the S & X LR, and the previous price increase on the S Plaid, it seems like there is a high chance the X Plaid could see an increase, when deliveries start. Had been contemplating for a bit, but finally bit it.

The 20K difference between Plaid and LR on the X is the lowest its been. Ordered today : Solid black, White interior, 7 seat, ugly wheels.
Just what I did. Good move.