Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ORDERED!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Charlotte Grand Opening event, one of the Atlanta-based marketing employees drove up from Atlanta in a 70D. There are also partner HPWCs along the route in addition to J1772 and ChaDeMo as you said to get a small top-up.

Yes! That stretch is do-able, but it's a stretch. Headwind + Winter and it may be risky.
Still, with J1772 and Chademo, it's a non-issue. :) .. yeah you may need to stop in Greenville for an extra hour, but given the low probability of me every driving through there, I look forward to it as an adventure :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Another in the DC area and another desi .. judging by your handle .. DoggieLow-lifer!? :)

Hehehe :) I was wondering how long it'd take before someone would catch on. Do we have a DC area Tesla club?
I'm looking for an electrician to install the plug, do you have any recommendations?

Thanks! :)

I actually edited my order, and changed
- to 70D (more than enough for me)
- Black leather interior and headliner

So my final config is,
.. 70D + Blue + Black leather next gen + Black headliner + Pano + Subzero + Autopilot

- - - Updated - - -

:) I think it's almost comparable to the joys of owning your very first car.
Before ordering it, I was all riled up if I should or should not .. after ordering, a sense of peace, I will enjoy it, I have worked very hard for it, and its quite well deserved by now.
3+ hour drive, hmm, maybe! Seriously considering a trip to the beach with the girlfriend. I actually lost 10kgs in 6 weeks as a personal fitness goal, and the reward was the MS.
And I wasn't "out of shape" to start with. So 10kgs is a lot. Gotta show those abs somewhere :) ..

I would just recommend reviewing the Black Seats with the Pano. In Florida, this would be a very bad idea. I love the roof, which looks like you do too - but I would recommend either the gray or tan with the roof. Just sayin' . . . while you can change. cs

Yes - black leather seats with an open roof - ALL the time - is asking for a burn on the back of your thigh - no matter how good a job the roof does (which I have heard is great). This is just a huge No No in Florida.

Kutta, I thought you were thinking gray interior because it was Apple-ish? I thought that was what you said . . .

Again, there's nothing wrong with what you selected.

Yes - black leather seats with an open roof - ALL the time - is asking for a burn on the back of your thigh - no matter how good a job the roof does (which I have heard is great). This is just a huge No No in Florida.

Kutta, I thought you were thinking gray interior because it was Apple-ish? I thought that was what you said . . .

Again, there's nothing wrong with what you selected.

I was, black exterior with gray interior.
But then I saw a blue with black inside, and sorta fell in love.
Its this dark blue color that just looks so amazing. Plus in the short run, its rare and new.

Still, I do like the black/gray combination.
I still have a couple of days to change my mind.

I think blue looks prettier, black looks sexier.
But black outside, gray inside, is going to be a royal pain to keep clean!
And blue once it fades will look bad (5 years+).

Also, all the girls in my family like blue, all the guys like black. And I am not trying to attract girls (or guys for that matter!).

SH~T I AM SO CONFUSED!

And you have proof of this... how?

All paints, when exposed to sunlight (ultraviolet) will fade. The biggest proof of this is older cars with paint armor. You peel the armor off, and you see the part where the armor was is darker. Takes a couple of months to equalize. Also the usual pollution, and salt (if you live around the sea or winter salt) will affect the paint.

When you take a drive outside, just observe blue cars.
The new ones look hella nice. The old ones with their shine lost, not so much.

Salt and pollution you can protect against by waxing/xpel/opticoat. I intend to just wax regularly.
But UV, well, park in shade or put a car cover on is about your only choice.

If you park your Tesla in the beating sun all day, I would definitely invest in a car cover ($450).

BTW,

Blue
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77339&d=1428527358

Black
http://heimarck.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Tesla-Model-S-2015-Free-Wallpaper-Desktop.jpg

(Do note that the black is almost a professional shot, blue is a casual picture)

All paints, when exposed to sunlight (ultraviolet) will fade. The biggest proof of this is older cars with paint armor. You peel the armor off, and you see the part where the armor was is darker. Takes a couple of months to equalize. Also the usual pollution, and salt (if you live around the sea or winter salt) will affect the paint.

When you take a drive outside, just observe blue cars.
The new ones look hella nice. The old ones with their shine lost, not so much.

Salt and pollution you can protect against by waxing/xpel/opticoat. I intend to just wax regularly.
But UV, well, park in shade or put a car cover on is about your only choice.

If you park your Tesla in the beating sun all day, I would definitely invest in a car cover ($450).

BTW,

Blue
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77339&d=1428527358

Black
http://heimarck.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Tesla-Model-S-2015-Free-Wallpaper-Desktop.jpg

(Do note that the black is almost a professional shot, blue is a casual picture)

That picture above looks like the old, darker blue. Is it the Ocean Metallic Blue they released last month?

My Volt is black - with black leather interior - but it doesn't have a sunroof that's going to be open ALL the time. I would just consider this before you finalize. That's all.

I agree with you - the black is sexy - when it's clean. But, it's really hard to keep black clean. I think the gray interior would hold up pretty well.

That picture above looks like the old, darker blue. Is it the Ocean Metallic Blue they released last month?

My Volt is black - with black leather interior - but it doesn't have a sunroof that's going to be open ALL the time. I would just consider this before you finalize. That's all.

I agree with you - the black is sexy - when it's clean. But, it's really hard to keep black clean. I think the gray interior would hold up pretty well.

That is the new blue for sure!
The older blue was almost black.

I changed my order to black exterior with grey next gen seats.
That was my first choice anyway, and I shouldn't listen to girls, what do they know about cars anyway!
Actually in all seriousness, the blue looks amazing! Its a very tough decision.

But the lighter interior with the pano roof - you do have a point there.

- - - Updated - - -

The new blue is much darker than what TM shows.

The blue on the home page, is DEFINITELY too light.
I've seen two blues in person now, I can tell you FOR SURE, the car on the home page is not an accurate representation of the color.

Also, the blue looks lighter in bright sunlight, but not as light as the one on the home page.
This picture - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77361&d=1428537173

.. is the lightest you can expect it to be .. by far!

This under bright lights -
http://i.imgur.com/f1UEYvu.jpg

And this page, has a bunch of pictures, with a more or less accurate representation
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/45571-Photos-Ocean-Blue-70D/page3

I may get to see a new blue MS in the Florida sun today. I'll get some pics. If it's too dark, I may go back to the MC red. I've got until Saturday.

A good friend invited me over to see this borrowed new blue. Still looks really dark to me. I still think I like it better than black and will look great with my tan seats.
New Blue1.jpg
New Blue 2.jpg

Last edited:
FIRST OF ALL! HUGE THANKS to everyone on this forum.
It's been very educational, the experience and patience of many here is beyond any gesture of appreciation.

That said, after 3 years of studying, and few months of research, last month of utter crazy research, I've finally ordered my FIRST! Tesla Model S.
I shall call her "Blootiful" (You'll see why!)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Here's what I got,
- 85D (I was gunning for 70d, but then my finger slipped, whatever!)
- Blue (blootiful, isn't she! Don't steal the name pls! She'z MINE!)
- Pano roof
- Tan next gen
- Piano Black
- Autopilot thingamajig
- Subzero doohickey
- Premium interior with black alacantra.

I'm also going to order that Center Console.
Now I need to get that plug fitted in the garage.

Insurance quotes on D's were about 150 bucks higher than "S" for me (every 5 months).
Are you seeing the same?

O'boy! I need a lie down!
I'm so excited! I just can't hide it.

Me right now--> http://i.imgur.com/vyPIi9M.gifv

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PS: You do have good taste chriSharek!

Congrats!!!!