Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering Floor Mats & other items before Configuration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
What are others doing regarding ordering of the frunk and trunk cargo mats and other items (i.e. sunshade) in the Tesla store? Are you ordering now or waiting for your configuration email? My concern is Tesla's tendency to have items on back order. I haven't seen any pictures of new deliveries with the trunk cargo mat which may or may not mean anything.

$50k for the car and we have to pay for floor mats?
The car comes with floor mats but you can upgrade to all-weather floor mats.

We've added the all-weather floor mats to all four cars (Model S) so far. For some reason, they charged for labor on #2 or maybe it was #3. For #4, we didn't bother ordering the floormats in advance. Instead, we just picked them up from the parts department and installed them ourselves.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: geometro
I think it’s crazy Tesla hasn’t added floor mats to their site yet, that’s the only additional accessory that I want to buy!

Weathertech (manufacturer of Tesla’s floor/trunk/frunk liners) needs a car to laser measure. Then they have to produce the molds, manufacture prototypes, verify fitment and go into production. I’m sure they are well into the process.

they charged labor!!!

The car comes with floor mats but you can upgrade to all-weather floor mats.

We've added the all-weather floor mats to all four cars (Model S) so far. For some reason, they charged for labor on #2 or maybe it was #3. For #4, we didn't bother ordering the floormats in advance. Instead, we just picked them up from the parts department and installed them ourselves.

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte
www.formytesla.com makes awesome custom mats. But they are waiting for a template for Model 3 atm.

In another post the question was asked if their floor mats have a lip around the sides to catch water and melted snow. The latter is really important for snowy climates.
The picture on the left is from "formytesla" the right are from weathertech who make the Model 3 cargo mats.
formy tesla floor mats.PNG
Weathertech floor mats.PNG

In another post the question was asked if their floor mats have a lip around the sides to catch water and melted snow. The latter is really important for snowy climates.
The picture on the left is from "formytesla" the right are from weathertech who make the Model 3 cargo mats.
View attachment 266776 View attachment 266777

Weathertech makes 2 types of ‘mats’. Conventional and Floorliners. The Floor Mats would be great anywhere without snow/mud. The Floorliners are terrific for snow/mud etc.

Floorliner:

16AC155B-FBA4-4487-B15F-833BBEEFB932.jpeg

Floor mat:

6C904FCC-7BFB-49B8-A71D-059E6C644EA1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
I ordered the rear cargo mat, and it arrived a few days later.
I also ordered the charging cables, and was disappointed to find out that they're just relatively short (12"?) USB to phone cables. Nothing special in terms of routing or attachment. For $14 I wouldn't call them a rip-off, but you can certainly do better elsewhere.

I'll be holding out for 3D Maxspider Kagu floor mats for my car and order them as soon as they are able to laser fit them (I spoke with them a number of weeks ago and they hadn't been able to get a hold of a Model 3 to use for the measurements, should be easier as more cars are in the wild). We have their mats in our Model S in black and just love them. Wouldn't even consider another brand at this point. Probably time for another phone call to them. Their mats are waterproof and look great. Not that rugged truck liner-type of look and instead are something befitting a sexy Tesla!

Here's a link to ones sold for the Model S if you're curious about the look: 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
If you want to worry about something more substantial than floor mats, make sure you have the 240V circuit ready. :)
Done. Upgraded the main service to the house and installed a 100 amp sub panel in the garage. Already have a insurance quote, financing is taking care of and I have a couple of estimates on my existing car.
And took care of investing by buying shares when they only cost $33/share so I'd say I'm ahead of the game!!
So not much left other then things like good floor mats that protect the rugs from rain and especially melting snow.:)

Reactions: Off Shore
I also ordered the charging cables, and was disappointed to find out that they're just relatively short (12"?) USB to phone cables. Nothing special in terms of routing or attachment. For $14 I wouldn't call them a rip-off, but you can certainly do better elsewhere.

The short cable is meant to be installed as a dock so you can just slide your phone into the connector. You need the funky right angle connector to do this.

783A03AD-7675-465F-8AA0-89653715F78E.jpeg