Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rally support for an SC in Ashland

Some folks here are on the PDX Tesla email list, but I'll reiterate this here for anyone that's not and might be interested.

I've traded emails with Adam Hanks, a project manager for the City of Ashland. He's communicated with Tesla about a SC in Ashland, but just some traded email/voice mails at this point. If you'd like to see an SC in Ashland it might help to have owners letting Tesla know. Tesla has an SC form online you can fill out. It's more for property owners or city officials to make a request, but you can sort of hack it into a "wish there was an SC here" type of request. Might be worth doing if you, like me, would rather see the SC in wonderful downtown Ashland rather than some less interesting spot just off of I5.

Supercharging request form

A supercharger in Ashland would be great but even more L2s would be appreciated. The Blinks there are slow and who knows if Blink will be in business from day to day. Ashland is a destination more than a way point. If the city wants to get more charging it should be cheap and easy to do it themselves. They need not rely on Tesla.

Good morning :smile:

Yahoo ADK! Glad you're on board here. Now do tell! What and where next?!
More pizza and beer in store, you know. Well, pizza anyway, if the guys are in the job. Don't want any accidents in wiring that kind of juice!

I am also willing to shamelessly bribe with food/drink in order to get inside info on the next location(s)!

Get in line. I offered first...

I just thought we could crowd-source the bribe...

And I was thinking we could take turns. I take the first day, Greg the second, you the third...

Actually, now that ADK has an account here, they could just post where the crew is, plus their pizza order... :)

Woohoo! Great to see an ADK presence here! Would definitely be in to hear that backstory.

We here at ADK are as anxious and as eager as you to see the Supercharger infrastructure operational. Any and all sharable info will gladly be shared, no bribe needed.

Realizing this is not the expected news, we here at ADK hope that the inevitable thrown insults and objects will at least acknowledge our similar enthusiasm for the Tesla project before being thrown :wink:

As updates are available and progress is made, we of course will keep the TMC forums posted (no pun intended)

A supercharger in Ashland would be great but even more L2s would be appreciated. The Blinks there are slow and who knows if Blink will be in business from day to day. Ashland is a destination more than a way point. If the city wants to get more charging it should be cheap and easy to do it themselves. They need not rely on Tesla.
It's both a destination and way point. It's somewhere I'd like to stop and visit for 2-3 hours on my way to San Francisco. For others, it's a destination. The Blink chargers are pretty bad, but even an L2 won't get me out in time to make the Portland->San Francisco trip in a day.

Good morning :smile:
and good morning to you, fake ADK account. The real ADK would never post here in public... :)
We here at ADK are as anxious and as eager as you to see the Supercharger infrastructure operational. Any and all sharable info will gladly be shared, no bribe needed.
No one is seriously offering bribes. That would be unethical and potentially illegal. I think what we are offering is pizza for the crew simply as a token of our appreciation. No expectation from our side of getting anything in return - well, except a functional supercharger at some point :)
As updates are available and progress is made, we of course will keep the TMC forums posted (no pun intended)
Cool - let's see who has pictures of the work up first - the fake ADK account or the community... my money is on the community...

and good morning to you, fake ADK account. The real ADK would never post here in public... :)
No one is seriously offering bribes. That would be unethical and potentially illegal. I think what we are offering is pizza for the crew simply as a token of our appreciation. No expectation from our side of getting anything in return - well, except a functional supercharger at some point :)

Cool - let's see who has pictures of the work up first - the fake ADK account or the community... my money is on the community...

While I was initially as skeptical as you I'm beginning to believe it's authentic. He did mention that he might be posting some of the pictures taken of my car at the E/S supercharger cite yesterday. One of the ADK guys there did take some. I suppose that if he posts one of those pictures it would be pretty good confirmation, no?

No reason for it to be a fake. I'm sure this is as cool for ADK as for us. It's not often someone like ADK actually has folks excited about infrastructure work that's normally out of sight and out of mind :), I'm sure it's sort of fun to know folks out there are actively looking forward to their work.

Dirk... Love it!

@Richkae, what is your avg Wh/mi with 21s and 19s?

It's not easy to do apples to apples.
I was 400 wh/mile with the 21" Contis and am 334 wh/mile with the Michelin Primacies.
But the miles on the Contis was early Oct - late Dec 2012 ( and the first months of owning the car ), late Dec 2012 - March 2013 was on Nokian Hakkaphththhs, March 2013 til now was on the Michelins. Its not "fair" to compare a cold late fall on the Contis to spring+summer on the Michelins.
The Hakkaphththhs ( not studded ) were also better than the contis at 370 wh/mile ( cold wet winter )
I intended to put the Contis back on for some summer driving to get a good comparison but never did.
I'll track the next 2.5 months or so on the Michelins until I put the Nokians back on now that summer is over.

@ADK Electric, you guys rock! Hope you don't get in trouble for posting here as I think we all appreciate your excellent efforts in getting these stations up and looking good quickly!

Oh, I am sure he is real. Let's just be a little careful. I wouldn't want him to get in trouble for being helpful. Some up the chain may take a dim view.

Thanks. And yes, we do have to be careful about what we say.

No reason for it to be a fake. I'm sure this is as cool for ADK as for us. It's not often someone like ADK actually has folks excited about infrastructure work that's normally out of sight and out of mind :), I'm sure it's sort of fun to know folks out there are actively looking forward to their work.

Yes! We posted elsewhere about how rarely the public notices us, and this extremely efficient electric endeavor enamors everyone it encompasses :wink:

While I was initially as skeptical as you I'm beginning to believe it's authentic. He did mention that he might be posting some of the pictures taken of my car at the E/S supercharger cite yesterday. One of the ADK guys there did take some. I suppose that if he posts one of those pictures it would be pretty good confirmation, no?

Precisely. As soon as we get those pictures, we will post them here and on the Springfield Supercharger thread.

any updates on this sc? I'm traveling through in a few weeks and would love to know if this or any of the northern Cali sc's will be available

nieggat see also NorCal superchargers and join the string. I think the more interest, the sooner it may happen. I also trying to get from seattle to SoCal and interested. At the moment compiling list of those 70 amp roadster chargers between sutherlin and sacramento. There are several. Thank you, roadsters for pioneering ahead of us. Kudos!