Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see photos of an actual SC in Corning in the topic you linked to but there is an oft-posted photo of the SC map in the Tesla Hawthorne office which has a grey dot labeled "Corning", is that what you are referring to?

I was referring to my own post in that thread, from 2:18pm today. Here are the links to the photos:

Twitter / GerberWalnuts: 6 new #Tesla charging stations ...

Charging up at the @teslamotors charger station in Corning. #55mileride #pedalpower #tesla | VanTucker.net

- - - Updated - - -

Crews were onsite in Springfield, Oregon today. Fence crew and Springfield Utility Board (SUB, the local electric utility) as well as ADK Electric. (No onsite work was apparent Friday-Tuesday.) Here are a few pictures from today. --- Merlyn

Merlyn, thanks for the photos! Great to see. Any word from those on site about when they expect it to be operational?

The SC build out is starting to move from "cool, in theory" to "holy crap, I can drive from Canada to Mexico nonstop in an electric car!"

I knew in my head that was going to be true, but it's different actually seeing it. By the time Gen3 comes out, which I'm sure is all part of Tesla's master plan, SCs are going to be absolutely everywhere. Any arguments about range anxiety is going to be completely obsolete by then for any arterial travel.

OK, here's some wild speculation. Corning looks like it was basically ready last week. Springfield and Grants Pass are almost done, Mt Shasta is supposed to be nearly ready as well.
My guess is that Tesla is waiting for all of them to be done and to announce them as one news item: The West Coast Tesla Hwy is open. Vancouver to San Diego just using superchargers.
Yes, the side trip via Folsom is a bit awkward for us poor S60 drivers, but an 85 should be able to go Corning Folsom...

The twitter post from "jason stimpel" with a picture labeled as the Corning SC says that it will be ready next week. There is another picture link on that post as well but it's hard to say if they are of the same site. The first picture shows a motel that looks pretty much like the Best Western in Corning and the Burger King sign is in the right location based on street view so it looks to me like another one is close to done. They're popping out like weeds these days!

If the Shasta and Coring sites really are almost up and running then the West Coast SC Highway is nearing completion. And Tesla, in all stealthiness, is close to meeting their promises from last Spring.

I think it's kind of funny that more people from WA and OR are interested in the NorCal SCs than CA people, at least in these forums.

I was referring to my own post in that thread, from 2:18pm today. Here are the links to the photos:

Twitter / GerberWalnuts: 6 new #Tesla charging stations ...

Charging up at the @teslamotors charger station in Corning. #55mileride #pedalpower #tesla | VanTucker.net

- - - Updated - - -

Merlyn, thanks for the photos! Great to see. Any word from those on site about when they expect it to be operational?

The ADK and SUB folks have been friendly but either don't know or can't say when it will be operational. But there should be power to the supercharger site today. --- Merlyn

The twitter post from "jason stimpel" with a picture labeled as the Corning SC says that it will be ready next week. There is another picture link on that post as well but it's hard to say if they are of the same site. The first picture shows a motel that looks pretty much like the Best Western in Corning and the Burger King sign is in the right location based on street view so it looks to me like another one is close to done. They're popping out like weeds these days!

If the Shasta and Coring sites really are almost up and running then the West Coast SC Highway is nearing completion. And Tesla, in all stealthiness, is close to meeting their promises from last Spring.

I think it's kind of funny that more people from WA and OR are interested in the NorCal SCs than CA people, at least in these forums.

Other than the signs which should say Tesla charging station in each space, the installation looks complete. The enclosure at the right side of the Van Tucker post doesn't exist on Google Maps. The landscaping bark is in place, and there are no apparent signs of construction equipment. Since the post is a week and a half old, there is a very good chance this station is already operational.

Other than the signs which should say Tesla charging station in each space, the installation looks complete. The enclosure at the right side of the Van Tucker post doesn't exist on Google Maps. The landscaping bark is in place, and there are no apparent signs of construction equipment. Since the post is a week and a half old, there is a very good chance this station is already operational.
So how far a drive is this from your home in "Northern California"? :)

The ZeeMap of Tesla Owners / Reservations shows only one Tesla anywhere near... P903 in Chico...

OK, here's some wild speculation. Corning looks like it was basically ready last week. Springfield and Grants Pass are almost done, Mt Shasta is supposed to be nearly ready as well.
My guess is that Tesla is waiting for all of them to be done and to announce them as one news item: The West Coast Tesla Hwy is open. Vancouver to San Diego just using superchargers.
Yes, the side trip via Folsom is a bit awkward for us poor S60 drivers, but an 85 should be able to go Corning Folsom...

Seems pretty logical to me and would be my guess for why we've seen so much progress on these SCs in the past two months compared to other areas of the country. Seems little doubt that Tesla wants to be able to tout that this route is completely electrified, which is something that would psychologically be significant even if very few people would actually drive the entire route.

Sadly I live vicariously through all you Model S owners until such time as I can get a Gen III! There probably won't be alot of Teslas in Corning until they come out with a pickup truck.

Technically I guess I was asking if you happened to live close enough to drive there and check - and while checking if the SC is life requires a Model S, taking pictures doesn't...
But I'll admit that this was of course a long shot. We have been spoiled that so many superchargers had TMC members live close by so we tended to get lots of pictures.

Awesome news, pdx4s! Can you make a new thread in the California section for the Mt. Shasta supercharger with this info? Hopefully someone from that area will see that and would be able to take pictures and keep us updated.

Thanks!

I've asked my friend from the bay area to call his daughter, she 's a student at one of the colleges near Mt. Shasta to go and take some pics hopefully.

BTW, the lady at Mt. Shasta wanted to make sure we "don't need to be registered at hotel to be able to charge...", I thought that was cute that they wanted to pass that info. to us.

Regarding the next SC it should be Corning, we need it. Will see if we can get some info. on that location but it looks like there is a coordinated effort to get all SC's opened in the next 2-3 weeks, or they want to officially open them simultaneously, when is the next quarterly announcement ? 11/04/2013 ? that could be it.

I've asked my friend from the bay area to call his daughter, she 's a student at one of the colleges near Mt. Shasta to go and take some pics hopefully.

BTW, the lady at Mt. Shasta wanted to make sure we "don't need to be registered at hotel to be able to charge...", I thought that was cute that they wanted to pass that info. to us.

Regarding the next SC it should be Corning, we need it. Will see if we can get some info. on that location but it looks like there is a coordinated effort to get all SC's opened in the next 2-3 weeks, or they want to officially open them simultaneously, when is the next quarterly announcement ? 11/04/2013 ? that could be it.

The suspected Corning address is in the NorCal thread. And yes, an announcement 11/4 makes perfect sense and send very doable.

Here is the location for the Corning supercharger:

Rabobank
950 Highway 99 W
Corning, CA 96021

Any new pics/updates on the Grants Pass supercharger?

Yes. Here you go, from today. Power was hooked up today. Tesla is bringing 4 cars tomorrow to test a full load. The same crew is going from GP to Vacaville, CA when they're done.

They said it could be open to the public on Saturday or Monday.

photo (1).PNG